want samples pack for Pads, ethereal sounds

cortexx

hi Guys

Im looking for a sample collection that has as many pad,motion, ethereal samples as possible. I am using them for movie scoreing and don't have the time lately to make my own stuff.

I'll be loading them into the v-synth and X8 for processing and usage , I dont use VST plugins too much ( just Battery and the virus TI plugin ).

I dont want the SRX boards for the roland gear as they contain alot of other instruments that I wont use. So its kind of a waste of cash.

I am pretty used to loading samples into my V-synth and working from there !

Check here

Look around for the XXL pads. i'm quite fond of it

Also, the wavestation is perfect for scoring. You can get a SR rack for about $200 which is less than some of these kits

Also, when working with sampler kits, Chicken systems translator is a must since it automates conversions between formats. I am not too familiar with the Roland samplers but my Yamaha A3k can read akai formated disks natively, you should check whats compatable

Last edited:
Why do you need samples... you got some seriously wicked synths that would all be great at doing it, and have it more organic than frozen samples. Specially if you layered a 2 or 3 of them together... I bet a composite of the Virus and the V-Synth would give you almost endless possibilities.

Unfortunately my stuff is packed away at the moment, or I'd program some on my K2600 for you.

cortexx said:
hi GuysIm looking for a sample collection that has as many pad,motion, ethereal samples as possible. I am using them for movie scoreing and don't have the time lately to make my own stuff.

Since you mention not in mercy of time. Mighty shame if you consider the power of Virus. But, the best thing for Score without Synclavier would be this :

Some are available for Roland, others Akai/Emu. But as we all know, that is hardly any problem today when you can beautifully convert all to your Roland and play magic with your X8.

If you could borrow/purchase just one, this would be it :

The Synthesizer Collection

Creative Sound Design (Frank Bry) every modern Roland (Jupiter/D/JD), Korg (T/M/Wavestation), Yamaha (SY/TG) PAD ever made is here. Programming is incredible. From what I've heard from then, many sounds were made for Jackson. If this pads are not motivating, then look for other occupation ;)

His present name is now (therecordist) there you can find this

Others suited for you are :

01 Ambient 1&2 (Zero-G ~ Ian Boddy)
02 Analog to Digital 1&2 (Zero-G)
03 David Torn - Tonal Textures
04 Denny Jaeger Private Collection (3 incredible Synclavier PADS unlike anything else - low as 25Hz!)

05 Distorted Reality 1&2 (Spectrasonics)
06 Giorgio Moroder - Rare Synth Collection
07 JD-800 (Universal Sound Bank)
08 State of the Art Synth Collection (best Fairlight Pads and superb MicroWave wavetables!) in states they are covered by Pro-Rec.

09 Synthline vol42 - JD800

10 Voices of Native America (Q Up) ~ don't mistake the title, incredible organic pads.

11 XX-Large Pads

Sure, there are NED libraries as well for samplers. But I was never pleased with them. What they would call Synclavier library would mostly be 50% of his sounds and rest would be compilation of others machines. They never made proper collection, stay away from that.

that is exactly what i have been using , v-synth pads in unison with virus pads , some altered factory patches some i made myself. Trouble is they take time to make, i dont always have time :(

One thing the v-synth is amazing at is using samples as a base for a sound , so using a complex wav file as a sound source instead of one of the synths oscillators or mixing it with the oboard oscillators can produce some fantastic textures.

Im not looking for a complete sample to use as is , i'm looking for samples to be used as complex raw ingedients to experiment with ;)

hope that makes sence to you ;) hard to understand what i am doing unless you have ever had the chance to experiment with what a V can do!

TexRoadkill said:
The old Roland D50 had some great ethereal pads. I would assume there is a sample library somewhere.

i have the D50 card for the V and have used some of them , in fact i sampled some of them into my x8 for messing with and got some really nice patches made using the d50 patches as a basis .

thanks for the suggestions btw guys !

Back