USB Controller to Midi Synth Module

Gidge

Lapdance Test Dummy
I'm to old to do a search, so...

Need to go from a USB Keyboard Controller thingy to an old JV1010 and then into my Fosusrite Interface..im doing 1/4" out of the JV1010 to 1/4" input on the interface, as i rather record it as audio and not midi..just need to know the cheapest way to get from the USB controller to the JV1010..

is this what I am looking for?

Amazon.com: USB IN-OUT MIDI Cable Converter, LiDiVi Professional Piano Keyboard to PC/ Laptop/ Mac Adapter Cord for Home Music Studio - 6.5Ft: Home Audio & Theater

I'm to old to do a search, so...

Need to go from a USB Keyboard Controller thingy to an old JV1010 and then into my Fosusrite Interface..im doing 1/4" out of the JV1010 to 1/4" input on the interface, as i rather record it as audio and not midi..just need to know the cheapest way to get from the USB controller to the JV1010..

is this what I am looking for?

Amazon.com: USB IN-OUT MIDI Cable Converter, LiDiVi Professional Piano Keyboard to PC/ Laptop/ Mac Adapter Cord for Home Music Studio - 6.5Ft: Home Audio & Theater

I doubt that cable will do what you want which is to turn a USB MIDI device to deliver MIDI data over DIN. I take it the F'rite AI does not have MIDI ports? (I have SO been informing you all thusly for AGES!) .

Kenton make a "USB to DIN" host but it is pricey, better I think to just get an AI with DINS. The Alesis i02 Express is pretty good and I have read good things about the Behringers. Whatever you get, make sure you have a returns agreement, you might find latency* unacceptable or some other systematic incompatibility.

*If that IS the case your only recourse is a better AI. The Steinberg UR22, better the NI KA6.

Dave.

If the keyboard controller doesn't have a MIDI Out port, and you want to connect directly from its USB port to the MIDI In of another device, you cannot use a simple USB-to-MIDI cable. Instead, you'll need to use a special USB-to-MIDI interface that can act as a USB host for the keyboard controller, such as

- the Kenton MIDI USB Host MkII, or
- the Sevilla Soft USB Host MIDI 2.

If you're in the USA, you can order the Kenton interface from Perfect Circuit Audio. The Sevilla Soft interface is available from Compas Flamenco.

Another option is to

- connect the controller to your computer via USB,
- connect the MIDI device to your audio/MIDI interface via MIDI,
- connect the audio/MIDI interface to the computer via USB, and
- use your DAW or other software to route the MIDI data from the controller to the MIDI device.

I doubt that cable will do what you want which is to turn a USB MIDI device to deliver MIDI data over DIN. I take it the F'rite AI does not have MIDI ports? (I have SO been informing you all thusly for AGES!) .

Kenton make a "USB to DIN" host but it is pricey, better I think to just get an AI with DINS. The Alesis i02 Express is pretty good and I have read good things about the Behringers. Whatever you get, make sure you have a returns agreement, you might find latency* unacceptable or some other systematic incompatibility.

*If that IS the case your only recourse is a better AI. The Steinberg UR22, better the NI KA6.

Dave.
The Focusrite has midi DIN ports..i am assuming what I would have to try is going from the controller to the usb on the computer by USB cable, then out of the interface, into the Roland, and from the ROland back to the interface?

If the keyboard controller doesn't have a MIDI Out port, and you want to connect directly from its USB port to the MIDI In of another device, you cannot use a simple USB-to-MIDI cable. Instead, you'll need to use a special USB-to-MIDI interface that can act as a USB host for the keyboard controller, such as

- the Kenton MIDI USB Host MkII, or
- the Sevilla Soft USB Host MIDI 2.

If you're in the USA, you can order the Kenton interface from Perfect Circuit Audio. The Sevilla Soft interface is available from Compas Flamenco.

Another option is to

- connect the controller to your computer via USB,
- connect the MIDI device to your audio/MIDI interface via MIDI,
- connect the audio/MIDI interface to the computer via USB, and
- use your DAW or other software to route the MIDI data from the controller to the MIDI device.
those hosts are too rich for my blood but that last part answered my previous question..i will have to give it a try and hope the latency isnt a problem..

those hosts are too rich for my blood but that last part answered my previous question..i will have to give it a try and hope the latency isnt a problem..

Ha! We (son and I ) did something similar but for different reasons. We had two computers each with a 2496 card. A USB dumb kbd fed one PC and the 2496 DIN fed the MIDI DIN on the other. Thus the keys played two different DAWs (Cubase and Sonar iirc).

Dave.

Back