triton xtreme or motif need help

$Trakmoney$

What up people im bout to buy a motif or a trition extreme. Im 14 years old so you know i got a limited budget so i gotta choose right. im young but i got hot stuff, and my recent stuff was made with only fruity loops aint even super clean so if yall sould help me out id appreciate it aight. peace

They are both fine machines by fine companies. You'll find loyal fans of both telling you to get one or the other. The only genuinely useful way of determining which one is right for you is to haunt you local music store for a couple weeks trying out each one until you figure out which one sounds right.

may I ask why it has to be one or the other?

Well it doznt but ive bee askin around and ppl say the motif and the triton have the cleanest sounds. thatz y im buyin a piano cuz i need some cleaner, right now im workn with fruity loopz but if you have some other suggestion holla back im open. peace

i've tried the motif...it does not have good sampling and sequencing compared to triton.
but the good thing bout the motif is that it has good guitar, sax, and piano sounds compared to extreme. Given the similar budget, i'll definitely go for the triton.

I own a Motif and I think it's great. To me it has all the sounds I need and then some. The sequencer has a bit of a learning curve but I just recently purchased the Video Manual and after glancing thru it, it doesn't look like it will be that hard to learn with a visual. Also there is www.motifator.com where you will find alot of your questions answerd there as well. I'm not going to say which is better because I'm fixing to add a KORG to my rig. One thing about KORG thier sequencers are very user friendly compared to Motif. I'm just determined to learn this Yammy Beast. :)

I bought the Motif ES7 a few months ago and am still pulling what's left of my hair out! Not knowing the Triton all that much, I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice. (I'm primarily a guitarist/vocalist, but owned a Korg M1 right when they came out).

The motifator forum is really great, though. I've done a few searches on some topics stumping me and come up with some good threads. It's just overall overwhelming.

I have a motif and I have used a triton. I like the motif. You really can't go wrong with a motif, triton, or a fantom. They all have same primary sounds edited differently, and sounds exclusive to that company. Motif sequencer takes a little working but once u figure it out it has a nice feel. I chose the motif because everybody has thr triton so I wanted a different sound. I use a mpc2000 for 95% of my sequencing. I don't like the yamahas sampler though. Then again I don't like to sample to an mpc 2000 either unless its for drums. I use an ensoniq asr10 sampler for all long samples because I have yet to find a sampler with as many good editing features. Whether u choose triton or motif I depends on what sounds u want. They are both keyboard giants of of the new shit. Also a nord lead is crazy for bass

Forget all that

By all means, get a Kurzweil. Not only do they have the best support in the world (they continue to maintain and support their K-line instruments for at least 10 years now), they are known for the best Piano samples on a keyboard, and their V.A.S.T architecture technology means you will honestly, probably never outgrow the instrument.

I have had my K2500XS for 6 years and I still feel like I have barely scratched the surface of the instrument. Kurzweil has since come out with the K2600, and the K2661 (a 61 key version loaded to the gills with a synth key-action keyboard).

The specs are too numerous to list, but not only are their sounds extremely lifelike (orchestral, piano, etc.), but with the numerous algorithms and KDFX baord (probably the best Effects board in the world inside an instrument with some of the finest engineering anywhere. When reviewed, editors noted that it was probably as good if not better than stand along Hardware effects units costing over $2,500.)

You should not buy anything until you have spent time studying and talking to a Kurzweil rep. You won't go back elsewhere.

The only reason you don't hear too much anymore in the news about Kurzweil, is that their flagship keyboard (now the K2600) is so hard to improve upon that it has stood the test of time and they have not come out with a K3000, yet.

When they do, rest assured it will be backwards compatible with the K2000, the K2500, and the K2600.

The K2600, (and the K2661) come standard with Hardware sampling, KDFX (this is too awesome to even describe, but it will take you a long time to get your brain wrapped around it.. it's just that powerful), arpegiators, KB3 (which is arguably the best realistic Hammand B3 organ sound, Period! I cannot tell the difference between my KB3 sounds on my Kurzweil and a real B3 organ when side by side. You can use the 8 sliders on the Kurzweil and the Mod Wheel, as though they were the 9 drawbars of a real B3 changing the sound at will), LIVE mode... which means you can run any sound source directly into your Kurzweil and use the V.A.S.T. processing power of the Kurzweil to do wonders on your LIVE input sounds, oh.. yes.. it also has VOCODER, Sequencer (of course) and heck.. all the best studios in the world have Kurzweils.

Let me explain one thing, that not only you but many people ought to hear:

The only synthesizer I know of that has individual effects maintained as part of the original program (your great Rhodes piano, for example, and then add some high quality reverb to the sound) is the Novation Supernova II.

What does this mean? Well, as almost all synth users know, going way back in time to the even the early 1980's.... when you created a synth patch (program) with cool effects... that program might very likely lose its effects that you had chosen for it, BECAUSE.... this is important, so don't lose sight of this.... BECAUSE when you ported your Programs (Patches) into a Multi mode setup (or Combi, different manufacturers use different words to mean the same thing)... you almost always had to choose between one Program's (or Patch) effects.

Therefore, your Bass guitar patch with Compression, and your neat synth pad with Delay... and your Kick drum with boosted bass... etc... could not all maintain their effects simultaneously. You were forced to choose one Effect algorithm for the whole Setup (or Combi). This always sucked and has continued to be a bitch for us players and keyboard programmers to deal with.

With KDFX in the Kurzweil, you are able to use up to 5 different Effects at the same time... so in a Song, or a Setup (Combi).. you can program each different sound with a different effect. This, as you will come to find, is extremely important.

The Novation Supernova II, does this with up to 8 programs playing at once. I own one of these, too. Very impressive.

I suspect that this type of thing will start to catch on with other manufacturers eventually, but thus far, only Kurzweil and Novation have keyboards that offer this.

And if you get a Kurzweil with the weighted keyboard, I believe they are the best weighted keyboards anywhere. I tried them all, including stand alone MIDI Keyboard controllers, and they were not as good as what comes standard on the Kurzweil (with weighted keys).

Almost no limitations and seemingly endless ways to route ideas in, though, and around this machine. And if you get into a Digtal Audio Workstation (DAW), the Kurzweils have 8 separate stereo OUTs (Analog, Digital Coax, ADAT suport, and Optical) so you can wire your sounds to whatever channel you wish when recording. Mind boggling power.

Last edited:
Eh yo thankz for the tips but one thing im wonderin is the motifs sequencer really that hard to figure out. I mean i waz playin around wit it at the store and i couldnt get a loops goin it waz kinda confusin. but i dont know is that just me or did ya'll have problemz to thankz. Holla

$Trakmoney$ said:
Eh yo thankz for the tips but one thing im wonderin is the motifs sequencer really that hard to figure out. I mean i waz playin around wit it at the store and i couldnt get a loops goin it waz kinda confusin. but i dont know is that just me or did ya'll have problemz to thankz. Holla

The motif sequencer is harder to learn then say a mpc2000, but its not impossible to learn. I learned it just by using it. I never picked up a manual or went to motifator website. U could always just buy one now and get another later. U can never have too many boards in ya arsenol. They all different feel to your joints.
The swizz beatz joint from jayz called "stop" was done on motif and mpc. Neptunes also use yamaha keyboards for sounds and sequencing. Tritons were used on songs like akon locked up or lil jon joints

Aight coo, thanks for that playa, so im wonderin do i need to buy an mpc before i can really get startin makn beatz or is the triton have enough beatz for makin some hot trax witout one.

Nah u don't have to have mpc but its the best sequencer you can get. It has most accurate response while keyboard sequencers may have slight delay when chaining sequences

So basically if im gonna start makn beatz and trackz for real im gonna need to get a MPC. so an MPC is just kickz and clapz right, and if i do get one is there a specific model i should get.

$Trakmoney$ said:
So basically if im gonna start makn beatz and trackz for real im gonna need to get a MPC. so an MPC is just kickz and clapz right, and if i do get one is there a specific model i should get.

If u tight on cash get a keyboard workstation 1st then mpc . Mpc is a sampler sequncer.
You sample drums and some cats sample long samples with it too. The mpc4000 is newest version out. But its about 3000$ +. Mpc 2000 is still good or u could get an old 3000. A lot of people still use the 3000.

Track money do you have some kind of instant messeging or something I want to holla at you about some beats.

Back