Triton Effects

mart

Hi all

I've been using korgs for about 10 years now, my first was the korg 01Wfd which I had for 8 years and I'm now using Korg Triton which I've had for just over 2 years.

As of last year I now use Cubase to record my music rather than the Tritons own sequencers, which has allowed me to record and edit my music in a fraction of the time it takes using the tritons sequencer. I've always had a problem with getting a good studio quality sound using the effects of the triton and thought maybe the cubase's audio mixer and effects would help me to get that studio quality sound, however, my processor isn't the fastest by todays standard and cubase relies heavily on processing power when using its effects. I did find however that generally, theres not much on cubase that can't be done on triton, so now I prefer to use the tritons mixer and effects.

I know very little about studio recording or whats required to get that good sound and when I try to use the effects for my songs.it just completely ruins the song and I have to turn off all the effects and start again. I've listened to the demo songs that came with my Triton, many many times and wish I could get that standard of sound.

Are there any general rules of thumb when it comes to adding the effects to the various sounds of a song? I know one rule would be to not over do it, but I can never find that balance between over-doing it and under-doing it. I also know that the effects would depend on the style and the feel that I'm looking for in the song, but I can never find the feel that I want when using the effects.. I hope I'm making sence

Any advice would be most welcome :D

thanks in advance

Mart, :)

when i first got my triton i was using the internal sequencer quite a bit until i came upon some limitations.
using software based sequencing has the ability to move events around rather quickly compared to the triton... adding plug-in effects and soft syths are also a breeze within your computer. also a swing quantize feature is still not implemented in tri. studio ver. 1.06.
triggering your gear from your soft seq. really gives you fast/easy control over your midi gear also.
the effects on the triton are pretty good... dedicated outboard effects might sound a little better... but what the hay for an all in one.

I think getting each of your instruments to still nicely in your mix will help you out alot compared to throwing a bunch of sounds together and hoping... the quality of each sound is very important of your overall sound.
it takes alot of time and patience to get all your sounds to sit when and where you want them ... there is no magical formula.. just practice

Back