Synth Recording Issue (Logic Pro X)

Razeray

Ive hooked up my synth properly with the usb for midi in my comp and audio cable into my interface. When i create a software instrument in Logic I use the "use external hardware" option then put the input to where the cable is connected(Input 1), I then create an audio track with the same input and output as the cable is connected (Input 1). My problem is when I record my synth it picks up all the background noise from other instrument tracks or even the metronome as well as with my synth. When i record Maschine through logic in a similar fashion it doesn't do this? I feel very picky about it because I'm worried it'll distort the sound or muddy my mix all together and I just want to to simply record the sounds from my synth only without anything else getting picked up..

Bottom line i want to be able to basically play some chords while a drum loop is playing instead of having to mute it. I may be naive to what can or can't be actually done so please educate me.. thanks

:facepalm::confused:

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do. If you just want to record the audio out of the synth, you don't need a Software Instrument track, just an audio track.

What synth and audio interface are you using?

Im using a yamaha psr e413. I wanted to have the Software Instrument track to record the midi notes so i can edit it then play it back and record like you are stating to do. The problem is when i record it'll record all of the drum components lets say in the background from the rest of the track and not just the synth. I want to be able to just record my synth sounds while playing the rest of my beat without it getting picked up.
Im using a usb mixer PV 6.

If you just want to capture the midi out of the keyboard, then I don't know why you also need to record an audio track at the same time. Are you saying the drum sounds are showing up on the midi track or the audio track?

I want it recorded on an audio track so I can have the sounds without having my synth turned on. Or else its just Midi data that won't play sound unless my synth is on. The drums are showing up In the audio track but the notes themselves from the MIDI track play perfectly fine(with my synth on) only when I record the sound coming from the MIDI track to the AUDIO track it includes the drums very quietly in the background. I would just keep the MIDI notes with my synth on but when it comes to bouncing the synth either it won't be heard or very softly. Im new to setting external hardware up I just want everything to work perfectly before i start delving in more deeper production thanks for your patience.

Back