Starting keyboard / Digital Piano to start learning Piano on.

ambi

Hey, i want to start to learn Piano/keyboard but im not about to buy a piano. i want to buy a keyboard to learn on, can anyone recomend a cheap but good starting keyboard? Im not going to be a fancy classical player or whatever, just want to start learning so i can play and do stuff for my songs. Learn sheet music, and all that.

Any advice?

Im sure there are some to avoid, and some good ones to look out for. I was thinking like 900us and under kinda thing.
If there are no decent ones for under 900us, then what price would i have to pay for a decent one?

thanks guys for the help.

I've got a Yamaha P80 and it's a pretty decent 88 weighted key piano. It has a few mediocre organ and string sounds but the feel is pretty good and the piano sound is passable. I think I paid around $800 new.

Roland FP-9's can be had for about $900 - good sound, and way better action than the Yams. Kawai is discontinuing their excellent 9000's, I believe you can find one for about $900 as well.

If you can find an Alesis QS-8.1, these have been replaced by the 8.2. You should be able to find an 8.1 for $800-$900. This is a full-blown synth with excellent piano-style action, and a few good sounds (mixed in with many not-so-good sounds). I used a QS-8 (an even older version) at church for 5 years, mostly as a piano, with great results.

Back