Roland's new synth: the FA-07

Well, musictrackjp hasn't done any demo/review of the FA series. That may change someday : )

Over the years, I've learned to never buy a new-release Roland. It's always been a disappointment.
Years from now, when the price is tanked, maybe it'll be worth it. That's always been my experience with Roland.
Reading the comments on this one, I'd say things haven't changed.

Ponder5

Tough call offhand. My first impression was huge disappointment; basically an FA-06 with a few more keys (61 vs 76)...for $500 more? Bite me Roland. But then I learned it has "semi-weighted" keys, and depending on how they feel, it might be worth considering for those who (like me) hate the cheapie "synth action" keys but aren't locked into the heavy weighted keys (which the 08 has) per se. i.e. a way to save a few hundred bucks. Still, the price point still seems weak to me.

Not an expensive keybed, but my used Kawai K1 has semi-weighted and was $ 100+. I can usually count on it to give me the right controller sound. I'm not a pianist, but I understand one really needs to play them to see how the shoe fits. Ya, Hammond action keys are all over the place, too. Be interesting to know how Modular Tomita would be in today's world

Back