Recommend a good sound module for piano and strings

wturner

Please recommend a sound module that produces very good acoustic piano and string sounds. And keep the price down as much as possible. I'm a family man... you know what I mean.

I'm currently using a Yamaha PSR synth. The piano sounds are okay except that there is no soft pedal control, so every strike of the key has a harsh attack, even if the key is struck lightly either by hand or by MIDI control. I'd like a module with piano sounds that will be more natural. If the key is struck lightly, it should have a softer attack not just sound like the key is being pounded with the volume turned down.

Of course, the string sounds on this keyboard are like poo-poo. Actually, great string sounds are less of a priority than great piano sounds if sacrificing strings will make the cost affordable for a family man.

Thank you, my friends.

Thank you. Can anyone recommend anything in the $300 range that meets my specs? Roland's soundcanvas is in that ball park. What about it?

And what about soundfonts? Do they sound good and will they work with n-track? They're cheap, but I don't want a cheap sound.

A Roland jv-1010 would cover your sound needs and be right around your price range. But you're going to need a touch sensitive keyboard or controller to get the "softer" notes out of any module.

wturner said:
Thank you. Can anyone recommend anything in the $300 range that meets my specs? Roland's soundcanvas is in that ball park. What about it?

And what about soundfonts? Do they sound good and will they work with n-track? They're cheap, but I don't want a cheap sound.

Look at the Roland JV1010 then. Its the 2020's predecessor and already has the Roland Orchestral and Session expansion boards built in. It won't sound as good as the 2020, but the Session board has the best sounding piano samples for the JV/XP series synths.

Sound Canvas' are no better than any Yamaha or Casio keyboard really...

Thank you. My keyboard is touch sensitive. The problem is, when you play the keys softly, what you get is not a soft sounding piano but a piano being played hard but with the volume turned down. In other words, it sound like quiet banging instead of soft piano playing.

What about soundfonts?

Turner yo!
I got a JV1010 and paid $390.00 for it. However I am not that impressed with the piano sounds. I hear the extension memory cards are good but they are also expensive . But as it is with the JV1010 I still do enjoy playing the piano through it.

If I were you I would first get a touch sensitive piano.

Also many people should be selling those 1010s used for $300 or cheaper.

like me im selling mine for $300 and i got that plug where you can use it with a computer. If you want it email me.

Back