quality low priced module?

frist44

I need some suggestions for a sound module around the $500 mark. Just looking for some good all around sounds, mostly: piano, strings, organ. The only one that i noticed was the JV-1010

Thanks
Brandon

Alesis QSR. You can pick these up used for around $300 or less.

I've had one for about three years and I am very happy with it.

Carl

I second the recommendation on the Alesis QSR. You can get 'em used for around $300. I own an Alesis QS-6, and the QSR is essentially identical soundwise, except no keyboard and two Q-Card slots instead of one. You can hear what it sounds like on my music page. Everything on my new album was done with my QS-6.

----
DAVID VESEL -- synthpop recording artist
The new single "Stained Glass" available now
The new album Calliope available June 15
http://www.ampcast.com/davidvesel
davidvesel@pobox.com

I third the recommendation on the QSR (although it makes me want to cry, knowing you can get them so cheap these days)

I paid $750 for my QS6.1 a couple of years ago and it's been worth every penny. I spent an extra 80 bucks for an 8mb RAM card and I've done a few samples with it too (from my friends Triton).

I've beaten the living hell out of it for 2 years (gigs every other weekend, practices twice a week, all kinds of recording) and it's still in great shape.

By the way, the B3 sounds and the Roadz piano sounds are killer (and very tweakable)

I owned a JV1010 and found it to be excellent for both the quality and number of sounds. I only got rid of it as i bought an XP-30.

JV1010

I'm not putting down the QSR at all... In fact I've wanted to get one just to increase my sound pallette....

But, I've found the JV1010 has an amazing sound structure that gives you a huge sound pallette including extremely realistic guitars, pianos, strings, and etheral sounds... I use it constantly in my jingle studio and it is always somewhere in each song doing something...

I will caution you - If you don't have a computer in which to access the unit it can be quite cumbersome... And there's issues with saving an initial muti-setup... If you're going to use it in multi-mode it's best to dedicate an entire port for the unit's operation...

The QSR definitely has the advantage in front panel editing and input...
For sounds I'd go for the JV1010 AND THEN BUY THE QSR, too!!!

But, If I'd want to edit "stand-alone" I'd get the QSR and mess with the JV1010 Later... The 1010 has very intricate editing capabilities... But, have a computer available...

Hope this helps...

Back