Prophet 6

You'd never leave the house!

I wouldn't!

You should see the acrimony over Moog making products for the 1%! Sweetwater is offering 24-month interest-free financing for a mere $1458/mo for the Model 55! That's more than my mortgage. Is it possible to rob one bank per month for 24 straight months and not get caught? :laughings:

The 15/35/55 series re-issues are making use of the original diagrams and board films, NOS components that are long out of production, assembled/populated/tested and calibrated all by hand. The 960 sequencer itself takes 3 days to wire.

There will be 55 M-55's built, 35 M-35's, and possibly 150 M-15's in this current run, expected to take about 18 months to complete all of the instruments. If you bought it purely as an investment I reckon it will at least double in value within 10 years. With a rig like the 55 you are only limited by your imagination. Having two duophonic CV+Gate out (x2) keyboards is pure buttercream icing. The "sequencer complement" of two 960's and associated helper modules opens up so many possibilities it is mind-boggling.

System 55 Modules

5x 902 Voltage Controlled Amplifiers

1x 903A Random Signal Generator

1x 904A Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter

1x 904B Voltage Controlled High Pass Filter

5x 911 Envelope Generators

1x 911A Dual Trigger Delay

1x 914 Fixed Filter Bank

1x 921 Voltage Controlled Oscillator

2x 921A Oscillator Drivers

6x 921B Oscillators

1x 960 Sequential Controller

1x 961 Interface

1x 962 Sequential Switch

1x 992 Control Voltage Panel

1x 993 Trigger and Envelope Voltages Panel

1x 994 Dual Multiples Panel

1x 995 Attenuator

1x CP2 Console Panel

3x CP3A Console Panels

1x CP8 Console Panel

1x 350 Watt 120 VAC or 230 VAC Switch Selectable Power Supply

DAYUM!!!

Seriously though, there is an upcoming firmware update for the Sub 37 that really makes the sequencer shine and mod destinations (there are something like 80 of them) can be selected by just turning the destination knob. Audio path is all analog. The sequencer can be played separately from the keyboard so it will play an outboard synth over MIDI allowing you to solo on the Sub. I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Sub37 in hopefully a few weeks after Sweetwater gets them in stock and fills back-orders. I need to send my Voyager to Asheville for the filter-glide mod and repair/re-calibration of the pressure controller circuit plus a couple other goodies they offer.

So much far out gear and too little time and money to buy and learn how to play them all!

Last edited:
I wouldn't!

You should see the acrimony over Moog making products for the 1%! Sweetwater is offering 24-month interest-free financing for a mere $1458/mo for the Model 55! That's more than my mortgage. Is it possible to rob one bank per month for 24 straight months and not get caught? :laughings:

The 15/35/55 series re-issues are making use of the original diagrams and board films, NOS components that are long out of production, assembled/populated/tested and calibrated all by hand. The 960 sequencer itself takes 3 days to wire.

There will be 55 M-55's built, 35 M-35's, and possibly 150 M-15's in this current run, expected to take about 18 months to complete all of the instruments. If you bought it purely as an investment I reckon it will at least double in value within 10 years. With a rig like the 55 you are only limited by your imagination. Having two duophonic CV+Gate out (x2) keyboards is pure buttercream icing. The "sequencer complement" of two 960's and associated helper modules opens up so many possibilities it is mind-boggling.

System 55 Modules

5x 902 Voltage Controlled Amplifiers

1x 903A Random Signal Generator

1x 904A Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter

1x 904B Voltage Controlled High Pass Filter

5x 911 Envelope Generators

1x 911A Dual Trigger Delay

1x 914 Fixed Filter Bank

1x 921 Voltage Controlled Oscillator

2x 921A Oscillator Drivers

6x 921B Oscillators

1x 960 Sequential Controller

1x 961 Interface

1x 962 Sequential Switch

1x 992 Control Voltage Panel

1x 993 Trigger and Envelope Voltages Panel

1x 994 Dual Multiples Panel

1x 995 Attenuator

1x CP2 Console Panel

3x CP3A Console Panels

1x CP8 Console Panel

1x 350 Watt 120 VAC or 230 VAC Switch Selectable Power Supply

DAYUM!!!

Seriously though, there is an upcoming firmware update for the Sub 37 that really makes the sequencer shine and mod destinations (there are something like 80 of them) can be selected by just turning the destination knob. Audio path is all analog. The sequencer can be played separately from the keyboard so it will play an outboard synth over MIDI allowing you to solo on the Sub. I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Sub37 in hopefully a few weeks after Sweetwater gets them in stock and fills back-orders. I need to send my Voyager to Asheville for the filter-glide mod and repair/re-calibration of the pressure controller circuit plus a couple other goodies they offer.

So much far out gear and too little time and money to buy and learn how to play them all!

Such a fine instrument would be wasted on me. The 6 will be more than I could ever master.

Do you just tweak out on the sounds? You have some pretty nice kit, I recall.

I noodle around a bit, but have next to no keyboard chops. :(

The Voyager is such a deep instrument and is capable of so many different tones and timbres, plus I have at least one of all the MoogerFoogers, so the tweaking opportunities are damned near limitless. I've been looking into getting a Synthsizers.com modular setup, starting with a 960Q sequencer and all the goodies that go with it. The Sub 37 sequencer will play nicely with the Voyager and the T3 so I will probably wind up going that route for now and save up for the dotcom for later.

I want to take some keyboard lessons, but teachers always want to start with reading music and frankly I don't care a whit about that. I want to learn proper technique with my hands so I can get around on the keys better.

I did nearly five years lessons...it was miserable

so I self taught myself guitar

wish I had taken lessons

lol

Yeah, I didn't do well with lessons either. I learned playing along with LPs.

Random thought: I wish more synths had the Roland style horizontal pitch bender. I hate the pitch wheel.

Back