Professional keyboard with styles

vartik

Long time I have been using professional Korg i-3 keyboard that have built-in preset accompaniment styles, that kind of "oldish" for me. Is there any other (more modern) professional keyboards with styles? I look through the whole family of Korg (Triton, Extreme, Karma), they all have a lot of perfect sounds, but do not have this feature anymore (arpegiator does not do the job for me). I know only those cheap biginner's models like Yamaha PSRs, and do not like them. And those big digital pianos like Rolands...
So I need professional keyboard (preferrably 76-keys) with good, modern, built-in presets of accompaniment styles. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Take a look at the Ketron SD1. I've heard it, and it sounds good live, it's got the built in styles, you can also make your own.

It is a really professional keyboard: sampler, 76 keys, the whole lot really. Take a look at www.ketron.it or www.ketronus.com.

I own a Yamaha PSR-2100, which I like, the styles are good, many styles for yamaha on the net. I wouldn't call this a beginner's keyboard, though the keys aren't really good (kinda weak), and only 61 of them. I usually play it through my Yamaha P80 piano (88 graded hammer keys).
You could also take a look at a used PSR9000, or a 9000pro (the 76 key version of the PSR9000), about the same as my 2100, sounds very nice, the interface makes sense to me.
I wouldn't go with a Tyros (PSR 9000's successor), because they have left many cool features of the PSR9000 out, like the sampler. I have compared the PSR2100 to the PSR9000 a while ago, but sound-wise I was more impressed with my PSR2100, but that may (and will) be in the speakers. I play my PSR2100 through my JBL TLX hi-fi speakers, and I only heard the 9000 through it's built in ones.
The PSR-3000 is also a very modern and nice keyboard. Some more functions as the PSR2100, and an improved interface, and better keys.

The Technics range of keyboards have always been competitive, now they stopped building keyboard, but you should really check them out if you have a chance. A friend of mine has the KN6000, software upgraded to the KN6500, which is an excellent keyboard, has got aftertouch, colour screen (to show off to your friends ;)) and sounds really good. Only 61 keys though, but they do play comfortably and very nice.

Hope this helps
Stan.

Back