Planning on purchasing a Triton Rack, I'd like yalls opinions on this synth :)

anppilot

Never Act Like U Know All
Hey gang. I've decided that I think Im done purchasing equipment for my studio for a while. I just feel that the Triton Rack will be the climax of my synth aresonal. This is the equipment that my wife and I are using currently in our studio:

1st computer workstation:
Pentium-3 500/256 Meg RAM/7200RPM 4.3G UIDE/7200RPM 4.5 SCSI

2nd computer workstation:
AMD K6-3 450/128 Meg RAM/7200RPM 4.3G UIDE/7200RPM 4.5 SCSI

STUDIO EQUIPMENT:
Cubase 3.71
Sony 4x4x20 CD-R/RW
Fisher Dual Cassete Deck
Sony Stereo Mic
Tascam TM-D1000 16 Channel Dig Mixer (vocals mostly)
Event 20/20 Nearfield Monitors
Haffler 50W/Channel Amp
Unitor8 MIDI patch bay
Alesis 32 Band stereo eq
Alesis Nano Compressor
Mackie 1202 (For Modules and Keyboards)
Akai S2800 16 Bit digital sampler
Yamaha TX81z synth Module
Roland S-330 Sampler (W/External Video mon.and Rem.control)
Roland JV-1080 (W/Dance card & Techno EXP, & 2100 Patches)
Roland JD-990
Yamahs TG-77
Yamaha FB-01 Sound Module
Alesis DM5 Drum Module
Roland JW-50 as a Master Controller
Alesis QSR

Mitchell 6 string acoustic guitar

We do mostly pop and RnB, so we figure that the Triton Rack will really be of assistance considering we have clients ask for specific pieces of equipment to use that we havent had until now.

What are your opinions of the sounds, build quality, and such and such?

Do you know if the TR Rack was maxed out with 96 meg of ram, how much sampling time would be possible?

Thanks in advance,
Mike and Amanda

yay!!! someone else who has a TX81z!!!!

triton rack is great. ive got 2. i haven't actually used too much myself cus both the units are in Studio B and i hardly mix there. i bought one first and thought the sounds were awesome. bought the other to put in the dance studio when it's re-cabled!

GET THE TRITON, you wont regret it. i wouldn't bother too much about the sampling. the sounds are excellent. i do a lot of professional and commercial chart producing and korg were my first choice for synths. they're an excellent make, all their gear is amazing. ive got a Z1, 3 trinity's, 2 triton racks, 1 triton, an X5, x5 rack, TR Rack (but my screen is broken!-where can i get another?!), and of course, the M1. korg will never let you down!

are you getting the mlan thing too?

Back