Midisoft MK4902????

mikeh

I bought a 49 key MIDI controller at a rummage sale for $5. It works (I hooked it up to a sound module and it sends all the on, off, bend & modulation signals) and it appears in very good shape. The lady bought it for her kid and when she realized it didn't make any sounds it sat in a closet for several years.

So while it's cool that I got a pretty good deal - there is no paperwork, so I'm struggling with some of the deeper applications. I did a web search and only got one hit (a guy on my space talking about how he used a MK4902 for creating some music on his computer).

As near as I can teel, this thing is probably vintage "late 90's" - but it appears Midisoft is no longer in business.

So - does anyone have any experiance with a MK4902, made by a company called Midisoft - or have any idea where I could look for an instruction book???

AFAIK, The MK4902 is a generic keyboard made by several companies. Or one company, and several different names. Evolution, Kaysound and Midisoft all made a MK4902. If you can find an online manual for any of those it will probably be very similiar or identical.

I have one in my closet ( keyboard, not manual). I dont recall it coming with a manual but it was years ago when I got it.

arcaxis,

I sent a private message in case you did not check this thread (Is that considered a double post??? :confused:).

I did find a manual for the MK4902 (amazing what you can find if you try hard enough).

So, while I no longer need to accept your kind offer - I very much appreciate the offer.

In the 4 plus years I've been a member of this community, I am often humbled by the generous willingness of others to share knowledge and resources!!!

arcaxis,

I did find a manual for the MK4902 (amazing what you can find if you try hard enough).

Howdy -

I'm interested in looking at the MK4902 manual also. Would you mind posting a link to the download?

Thanks,

-- coiley

*** UPDATE *** I found a 5-page .pdf manual for an "Evolution MK-149" which seems to be identical to my 'nother-brand MK-4902.

web,archive,org[web[20040401064235[www,evolution,co,uk[pub[manuals[mk149eng,pdf

What did you turn up?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
I got a MK4902 at a thrift shop a few years ago. Think I paid about $5 too. I've got a PDF manual for it that I'd gladly email to you. PM me your email address and I'll forward it along.
Hi! I need this manual, if you still have it; I'd appreciate it very much, thanks.

I sent you a PM

Regards,

Back