Midi Clock device

AnchoriteX

I am ready to start djing live soon, but I have a question. Does anyone know of a simple reliable midi clock device that I can use to control my Electrix filter factory and mo-fx. All I need it for is tempo clock, nothing fancy. I normally use my computer in the studio, but I dont want to drag it around with me for a mere midi clock...

Thanks a bunch

AnchoriteX

Well, most drum machines send midi clock. You could probably find something used, pretty cheap.

Red Sound do a small palm sized unit. it's either called beat something or DJ something! i know they definitely do one though. can't you just tap tempo though?

Hey thanks for the help. I wasn't thinking to clearly, grabbed an old drum machine out of the closet, it works perfectly for what I am looking for.

And as far as tap tempo, in my experience, the various devices I have do tend to get somewhat out of sync after a while, and I need everything perfectly in sync... Maybe I am just not good enough at tapping tempos =] I dont know, but give it 5 min and something is off beat. Is this a problem with me or what?

I checked out Red Sound, they have the micro sync, and the micro bpm, which look very useful, I will probably get the micro sync after I look into it a little more, it looks like exactly what I need to sync all my midi gear. I've had a much easier time doing this stuff in the studio than live.

Anyway thanks to you both for the help.

AnchoriteX

Last edited:
Back