Micro Korg audio processing?

kr236rk

Hi,

Just tried to run a line-in to the Korg in order to use it to process some audio, but I could get no sense out of it. I then hooked up a Korg Kaos Pad and processed the pre-recorded audio that way, but I really wanted to use the Micro Korg's synthesizer settings to shape some sounds.

I don't mean using the keyboard, I mean utilising the synthesizer electronics independent of the keyboard, like a rack mounted, static device. Can this be done please?

Thanks

Did you have the mic/line switch on the back set to 'line'? - I know that sounds basic...

You should be able to at least access the same functionality as the vocoder (modulation, cutoff etc) - gain is usefully labelled 'volume'.

Micro Korg set-up for line-in

Did you have the mic/line switch on the back set to 'line'? - I know that sounds basic...

You should be able to at least access the same functionality as the vocoder (modulation, cutoff etc) - gain is usefully labelled 'volume'.

Thanks, yes, I used the line-in setting. I found several tutorials on the Tube and managed to get it working, but it it so tenuous - if you try to switch to another effect after you have the Korg set up, you lose the set up, and have to re-set it again. Ideally there would be a line-in setting full stop, but there isn't, it's hidden away beneath other settings and the keyboard instantly defaults away from it at the drop of a hat.

You'll notice that - though impressive - the guy edits his video towards the end - that will probably be because he lost the line-in setting and had to go back and reset it:

https://youtu.be/adVu639pjN4

Back