M-Audio Axiom 61

Belvee

UDB Device
I have just purchase a Axiom61 Controler
During Installation I am getting the message

''ONE OF THE USB DEVICE ATTACHED TO THIS COMPUTER
HAS MALFUNCTION AND WINDOWS DO NOT RECOGNIZE IT''.

COMPUTER
Pentium III 100Mb 256 Mb ram Windows XP perf. sp2

when I Installed the unit on my wife Dual Core 2Mhz machine
with same operating System
No problem.
Is this a USB Problem

P.III Machine Port USB intel(R)8280 1BA/Bam USB UNiversal host controler 2442

P. Dual Core Machine Port
Intel(R) ICH8 Famaly USB Universal Host Controler 2830

Is this a USB Problem
needs help
Belve

Given the specs, I would assume you're machine is sufficiently old to be equipped with only USB 1.1 ports. I can't find data on M-Audio's site either way, but its possible the Axiom requires USB 2.0. I actually think its unlikely (MIDI data isn't that heavy, shouldn't require the throughput of 2.0), but it can't hurt to check your manuals and see if this is the problem.

M=Audio 61

Im not sure what that means. Whats the speed and whats the size of the hard drive?

CPU Speed 100MHz, Drive 80 gigabites, winXP. SP2 installed Ram 256mb
The Machine do meet the Minimum specs called for by the Axiom manufacturer
When I click on the error message The computer displays a diagram showing the ports and saying
USB Root Hub (2Ports)
Port#1 unknown Device
Port#2 unused port

I checked Cont, Pannel "system" "Device Manager" but the Device is not shown under
"Audio sound and game controllers" like on the other machine.

I contacted "AUDIO Revolution" where I Purchased the UNit and they said that
the unit is backward compatible that USB 1.1 should not be a problem

They are also checking this out

Im not sure what that means. Whats the speed and whats the size of the hard drive?

I am going to open up my machine and see what the ports
looks like inside
This unit is a real work horse I run lots of Audio and midi stuff
using Sonar on this Beast and It dont Even Croak it a good
old Girl I only do MUsic Recording on this Machine

I used a Keybord synth before it died on me this is the first time i am
trying a Keybord Controler with USB
belvee

Again, are you trying to power the controller off the usb? Or is the DC power supply plugged in?

This kind of sounds like maybe the controller isn't getting enough juice and therefore not quite working.

Eh?

I think the problen is with the USB Port The Port Works with My Camera
The Controler Machine Works with MY wife New Camputer
I troubleshot the Usb Ports using the troubleshoter Program And found no Problem

HOWEVER
I POWERED UP THE Controler with the USB Port (That Part works) the USB can Power the UNIT IT but Cannot install the software fot the "Found new Hardware Part"

With the unit powered up from the USB port
I then connected My two MIDI cables to my MIDI sound card on my computer
Lo and Behold "THE DARN THING WORKS"

So MY CONCLUSION IS the USB can power the unit up but cannot transmit any Data or software Information

so I am going to forget about the USB thing for now and use my midi cables

Thanks for the help guys

but if you have any other Ideas plese let me know

I think the problen is with the USB Port The Port Works with My Camera
The Controler Machine Works with MY wife New Camputer
I troubleshot the Usb Ports using the troubleshoter Program And found no Problem

HOWEVER
I POWERED UP THE Controler with the USB Port (That Part works) the USB can Power the UNIT IT but Cannot install the software fot the "Found new Hardware Part"

With the unit powered up from the USB port
I then connected My two MIDI cables to my MIDI sound card on my computer
Lo and Behold "THE DARN THING WORKS"

So MY CONCLUSION IS the USB can power the unit up but cannot transmit any Data or software Information

so I am going to forget about the USB thing for now and use my midi cables

Thanks for the help guys

but if you have any other Ideas plese let me know

I had issues with mine too. It either didn't want to recognise it or it tried to install it twice. I power mine via usb and use the midi port to communicate.

F.S.

It does not come with one, and I've been to lazy:D besides I have 10 usb ports or so.

Some day I'll get one.

F.S.

FYI, I suggest using the power cord to power the keyboard to reduce power demand on your PC. I know that usb powered devices don't draw a lot for what they do, but if you are using several devices (external drive, etc) and already have a loaded power supply, computer performance will take a hit.

FYI, I suggest using the power cord to power the keyboard to reduce power demand on your PC. I know that usb powered devices don't draw a lot for what they do, but if you are using several devices (external drive, etc) and already have a loaded power supply, computer performance will take a hit.

Ya. Just not at the top of my list. I'll have to pick one up.
I really only use my modem & printer on usb right now and they are self powered soooo, it's not a big deal for me.

F.S.

Back