M-AUDIO -The Axiom 61

I don't think it's quite out yet for general purchase. Zzounds says that it's coming soon, but who knows. Looks like a great controller though. I have an M-audio keystation 61es and an Edirol PCR-M80. I like the feel of the 61es and the controls of the M-80, and it looks like the Axiom provides both, so I will probably be checking one out when they do hit the shelves.

I poked at the 25-key version at Guitar Center the other day and was very impressed. The whole thing feels SOLID, which is not the usual case for inexpensive MIDI controllers. The key feel was pretty good, too, as was the user interface. It's a huge winner, I think.

I've been keeping an eye out for this for awhile - Musician's Friend has it coming out the 28th of this month (in two days), and I'm not sure if it's a typo, but they have it priced at only $250 (same as the 49). I ordered one at that price - hopefully they'll honor it.

Well, my order got backordered, but only by 2 weeks, and it's looking like they're gonna honor the $250 price, even though the price has gone up to the normal $299 now. *fingers crossed*

I got a chance to check out the 25 at Guitar Center a couple days ago, and I really like the keys - they aren't extremely springy like alot of the other midi keyboards I've tried. The drum pads feel nice too. Can't wait.

Back