Korg Triton ... sound from headphones but not main outs... need help

BuddyC1

I just got a Triton Pro X from an estate sale but it seems that there is no sound coming from the main L/R audio outputs. The owner told me it could very well just be some setting but wasn't sure.

What steps should I take to make sure this is not just due to some setting as opposed to an actual problem with the outputs? Please tell me how to navigate to whatever I need to check, I have no experience with this board and haven't tried making music for about 13 years(last keyboard was an old Ensoniq lol).

Also, what and how should I check to see if this board has any optional installs, sounds, etc that may have been installed?

I have a Korg Triton as well. I had to have the stereo out jacks repaired within the last couple of years. I think they are sitting on a flimsy pcb board inside the case that is prone to damage. It was a pretty expensive repair (about $250). However, the first thing I would do is reset the unit to factory condition. If there is a problem with the stereo jacks, you might be about to route your output to a couple of auxiliaries.

I have a Korg Triton as well. I had to have the stereo out jacks repaired within the last couple of years. I think they are sitting on a flimsy pcb board inside the case that is prone to damage. It was a pretty expensive repair (about $250). However, the first thing I would do is reset the unit to factory condition. If there is a problem with the stereo jacks, you might be about to route your output to a couple of auxiliaries.

If I opened it up would I be able to see if this is the case? Is it just that something needs to be resoldered?

I was actually going to ask about factory reset and whether or not that could help. I google and a couple people seemed to say it would get rid preset sounds and I would have to download files off the net and install. Do you know if this is true?

How do you think a factory would help? Is it the reset which will allow me to reroute the L/R mains to aux? When you say auxilliaries, are you talking about the other audio outputs labeled 1,2,3,4?

I never opened mine, just going by what the tech said. The point of resetting would be to save yourself time hunting down a setting buried in some menu that could be the source of your troubles. However, if it deletes the patches, I'd skip that. Yeah, I meant the direct out jacks on the back panel.

I found this... does this mean I will have to download those two files and load the into the board after a reset? Are the files already on the internal memory or is that truly only on the Studio?

Initialization: Hold Enter and 0 while turning it on

Preload: Disk Load (TNFD00P and TNFD01P for Classic, Hard Drive contains preload for Studio)

ROM Check: Given on power up.

Back