Korg SP-100. What do you guys think of it?

Henry Low

I am thinking about purchasing a Korg SP-100 running at about $1100 canadian dollars at this local store. What do you guys think of it? What I am looking for is just a good full size keyboard to connect to my computer using Midi with good keyboard feel.
I am trying to write songs for the piano using Sonar 1.0. Do you guys think the SP-100 would be a good for what I am I doing? Is there any other keyboards you guys think I should look into?

Oh yeah, how does the Kurtswiel (sp) PC88mx compare to the SP-100? anyone know?

Thanks.

Yo Henry of HIGH Lilly, High LOW:]

I think I've already told you that I have a Korg SP-100 in my studio as an "extra" keyboard.

It's a nice board. Some decent sounds and a few bells and whistles. You can change keys with a flick of a button after you set it up. Has Vibes, and a few other sounds but the piano is especially solid.

Has all the connectors you would want for what you want to do, I think.

You should get a friend in the USA to get the keyboard for you; it would save you a few hundred pezzutos. Short bridge between the USA and Canada.

Green Hornet

wow thats wicked. I am so excited about getting this new keyboard.
Currently I am using this old Roland keyboard with only 49 keys that feel like sponges.

Yo Low:

Sounds like a good price for Canada. I paid a little less here but not all that much less.

Get those fingers going.

Green Hornet
Merry Christmas

I have an SP-100 that I have used for quite a while. It is a solid keyboard. Good action and a good live piano sound.

I also use it as a midi controller for my Korg X-5. Overall, it is a good live rig for piano. The organ voice on it is not my favorite, so I use the organ from the X-5. I have also used it with the Alesis Nano-synth for live work.

Back