Korg Oasys >>> time will tell <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
danatkorg said:
Yes, it absolutely is. You've quoted from outside this thread, but the first time I posted this was in response to concerns about how musicians could afford an $8,000 synth. In fact, when adjusted for inflation, a number of well-known synths have been at this price point (or higher) - showing that, over the past 35 years, professional musicians have repeatedly been able to afford this price point. Please note that I included the more recent Kurzweil synths as well - showing a price continuity from 1970 to 2001, with both analog and digital synths.

Best regards,

Dan

Thanks for taking the opportunity to copy the spam over here as well. :rolleyes:

And by spam, I mean your straw-grabbing inflation adjusted cost analysis.

I hate the inflation argument. If a company rep has to come online and use inflation as a tool to show how "affordable" their synth really is, you know it isn't selling well.

Give me a friggin' break.

Like I said, feel free to post your argument on the Korg website. This is a DISCUSSION forum, and isn't intended for your inappropriate sales and PR tactics.

danatkorg said:
There are a few people, however, who have been repeatedly banned from various forums for their behavior in OASYS-related discussions

Uh, no. I know of whom you speak, and I can tell you that IrishActs and Sweetwater are not "forums", they are Korg fanboy-run marketing tools. Sweetwater's forum is a giant commercial, and Irishacts is run by a Korg-loving dictator. No one was banned for their "behavior" in oasys-related discussions, they were banned for disagreeing with the mob majority at IA, and for posting the oasys in a negative light at SW (which would turn customers away, thus cutting into sales). You know as well as I do that at those sites, any criticisms of korg gear are removed, and the naysayers are banned.

So, try again.

Ramsely said:
Uh, no. I know of whom you speak, and I can tell you that IrishActs and Sweetwater are not "forums", they are Korg fanboy-run marketing tools. Sweetwater's forum is a giant commercial, and Irishacts is run by a Korg-loving dictator. No one was banned for their "behavior" in oasys-related discussions, they were banned for disagreeing with the mob majority at IA, and for posting the oasys in a negative light at SW (which would turn customers away, thus cutting into sales). You know as well as I do that at those sites, any criticisms of korg gear are removed, and the naysayers are banned.

So, try again.

Uh, no - right back at ya! In particular, your behavior as Chris100, including insults, thread hijacking, etc., has had you banned at both Irish Acts and Sweetwater, and warned at Harmony Central. A recent HC post from Dave Bryce indicated that he had previously banned you as well, presumably for non-OASYS-related behavior. Folks on both Irish Acts and Sweetwater have posted questions and criticisms without being banned, as their forums clearly show; people have also done so on Harmony Central without being threatened with being banned. So, it's easy to conclude that your behavior has constituted more than simple criticism.

Dan

danatkorg said:
If I understand your implication correctly, do you mean that you think OASYS isn't selling well?

It's interesting that neither you or Jerry was found to be spamming anywhere on the release of the Triton.

Ramsely said:
It's interesting that neither you or Jerry was found to be spamming anywhere on the release of the Triton.

I'm not aware that either of us have been spamming anywhere recently, either. :-) For instance, I have yet to start a single thread about OASYS on either this group or HC.

In re the Triton - I was not involved with its development, so I don't post much about it.

- Dan

danatkorg said:
Uh, no - right back at ya! In particular, your behavior as Chris100, including insults, thread hijacking, etc., has had you banned at both Irish Acts and Sweetwater, and warned at Harmony Central. A recent HC post from Dave Bryce indicated that he had previously banned you as well, presumably for non-OASYS-related behavior. Folks on both Irish Acts and Sweetwater have posted questions and criticisms without being banned, as their forums clearly show; people have also done so on Harmony Central without being threatened with being banned. So, it's easy to conclude that your behavior has constituted more than simple criticism.

Dan

Uh, no, wrong again. I'm not Chris100, though I know of whom you speak. I'm just a forum frequenter who takes distaste in your spam marketing tactics, since they've ruined multiple forums now. Take them elsewhere, please.

Quite frankly, your straw-grabbing PR tactics are just pathetic, and I'm guessing that making accusations against customers on a public forum isn't going to win you any oasys purchases either. Better quit while you're ahead (behind?).

danatkorg said:
I'm not aware that either of us have been spamming anywhere recently, either. :-) For instance, I have yet to start a single thread about OASYS on either this group or HC.

- Dan

Whether you started a thread or not isn't the point. You've certainly responded, in some cases with information, and other cases with spam and marketing PR. Keep the latter on Korg's website, please.

Ramsely said:
Uh, no, wrong again. I'm not Chris100, though I know of whom you speak.

Ramsely said:
Quite frankly, your straw-grabbing PR tactics are just pathetic,

Of course, there's no way to verify that one way or the other, since you provide no information in your profile. However, your language and tactics are quite similar (including the use of the derogatory "pathetic," which Chris100 has used in a similar manner in 13 posts on HC - 11 of them related to OASYS).

Ramsely said:
I'm just a forum frequenter

Not of this forum, however. You registered a few days ago on Jun 11, and have a total of 8 posts, all in this thread. It would appear that you showed up recently, with the primary purpose of criticising OASYS. I'm guessing that this sort of thing won't fly here, either.

- Dan

Hopefully, it won't. We agree there.

Hopefully, marketing and spamming the Oasys won't fly either. But then again, I'm sure that's not what you want. ;)

danatkorg said:
Again, I'm not aware of anything that I've written in relation to OASYS which would qualify as spam. Here's Google's definition of the term:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en-us&oi=defmore&q=define:Spam

- Dan

Clearly, it's spam if it's any form of marketing, PR, or advertising that occurs at an innappropriate time or place.

Since two members here have now requested you stop, clearly someone thinks your spamming, whether you believe it or not.

danatkorg said:
It would appear that you showed up recently, with the primary purpose of criticising OASYS.
- Dan

And it would apear that with your registration, also in July, I might add... have racked up a grand total of 17 posts. It would appear that you showed up with the primary purpose of spamming/advertising/marketing the Oasys.

So, who's in the wrong here?

Ramsely said:
Clearly, it's spam if it's any form of marketing, PR, or advertising that occurs at an innappropriate time or place.

Since two members here have now requested you stop, clearly someone thinks your spamming, whether you believe it or not.

If the moderator agrees with you, I'm sure that he'll let me know.

- Dan

Ramsely said:
And it would apear that with your registration, also in July, I might add... have racked up a grand total of 17 posts. It would appear that you showed up with the primary purpose of spamming/advertising/marketing the Oasys.

I showed up to bring some facts to the table, in response to your posts - just as I've said previously.

Best regards,

Dan

danatkorg said:
I showed up to bring some facts to the table, in response to your posts - just as I've said previously.

Best regards,

Dan

That must be why brzilian posted what I'm quoting below, and subsequently put you on his ignore list.

brzilian said:
Dan,

I really don't like Korg ruining all the forums I regularly read. I have asked you politely to act professionally, but apparently you are not capable of that.

Take your SPAM/damage control publicity elsewhere! :mad:

I think I'm about ready to write an open letter to Korg's executive team telling them they need to do something about their Product Managment staff.

So you came on to this board just to track down Dan and attack him?

Go away unless you have something constructive to add.

Same to you Whitehead Powder of Ma. Just go away and take yer bickering elsewhere.

fraserhutch said:
So you came on to this board just to track down Dan and attack him?

Go away unless you have something constructive to add.

Same to you Whitehead Powder of Ma. Just go away and take yer bickering elsewhere.

No. Dan is mistaken, I've posted on other topics as well.

It's certainly clear why you came to this thread, though. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back