Korg K61P communication problem

Ruffe

Hello everyone!

I have the Korg K61P midi keyboard, connected via USB cable to a PC with ASUS H97-PRO motherboard and Windows 7 x64. The aim is to communicate the all above, that is apparently not an easy task.

There are 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the PC, also 1 USB 3.0 and 3 USB 2.0 connectors on the motherboard which i can connect to the front panel ports. All of above doesn't detect USB device properly except one of the back USB 3.0 ports which still doesn't transmit the midi signal.

The port allows the OS to recognize the device, but not everytime (only 1 of 5-6 turn-off/turn-on's). If the keyboard is recognised then i can see it's name in the Device manager (Sound, video and game controllers list). My software like daw, midi-ox, kontakt and other also see it, but the name of the device in its lists differs from time to time. It may be "Korg K61P" or "K61P Midi Out" or "K61P KBD/KNOB" and etc. But there is no signal from pushing the keys or turning the knobs. The only instrument working is the joystick which moves the pointer (like a mouse). Just switch the keyboard off and on and there is nothing working again, "device is not recognized".

To be said, the keyboard works perfectly with the Win8 x64 laptop.

What have i done so far:
- tried the latest drivers, the older drivers as well
- tried to remove all the midi devices using Korg midi driver uninstall utility
- tried all the USB ports
- tried another cabel
- changed the system power plan to high perfomance and disabled USB selective suspend setting
- tried to change USB Legacy support in BIOS

As i can see there may be three ways to solve the problem: the first one is using a powered USB hub, the second one is about using a PCI-USB controller and the best one is using a nice soundcard with midi inputs. It takes some money and won't work for certain so i would like to try some other means before buying stuff.

I'd be appreciate for any information that could help me. Thanks for your attention

Well, the problem is solved.
For the case if someone is interested, the solution is buying a PCI-USB controller. It made everything ok in an instant. No settings, no manual research. Plug and play, plain and simle

Back