just bought fantom X8..keep it?

samrisio

the biggest frustration is the supposedly wondeful piano sounds awful thru my system...it sounds ok thru the headphones..i have the PT 6.4 with M Box, Win XP going thru a Boehringer UB1832 FXPro mixer and Rokit 5 monitors and AKG 300 headphones...my yamaha P200 piano sounds great however...any ideas? i tried the triton extreme and then traded it for the fantom because the triton had too much dance emphasis...i play jazz and r and b and more acoustic stuff

Last edited:
My biggest concern when I upgraded (from a triton to a fantomx8) was piano/electric piano sounds.

I tried the motif, the triton extreme, everything. The fantom blew everything away. Try it on some other speakers, I guess.. Maybe your cables? Who knows..

For reference, I'm running mine through a mackie 1202VLZ pro, alesis mKII powered monitors.

glad yours sounds good

i have tried everything from balanced cables to direct to the m box without the mixer...i just keep reading reviews of how good the rokit 5's are..i read at the fantomized forum that the 5" speaker wont cut it..i justcant figure out why my yamaha piano sounds good thru them???

The only thing good on the X8 to me is the piano sounds. Everything else ES8. Roland just dosent make real pro quality gear to me. Their more into lets make this look real cool and have some to good to be true features! What ever works for ya works so do what you like. I got the ES8...

that must be why i am so wdown on the X8 it

is not as inspiring as the triton extreme right out of the box..i will try the yamaha es when the module comes out...you think i should dump the roland fantom? have you heard the yamaha piano sound of the P200?

Back