Juno 2 VS Korg Poly 800

Hey. Apologies for staying over on the tape section and never coming in here for a little meet n greet. If you will forgive me, I have a question for anyone who knows 80's synths and can steer me in the right direction.

I'm primarily a guitar player with a background in underground/noise/indie stuff and I've always loved playing piano and synth but never really had money to buy one. Lately, after messing around w/ different virtual midi synths, I've been writing a ton of stuff on it and it's opened up a new avenue for me to create with. My only issue with that is I'm not turned on by a computer programed model like the real thing. I also have a bunch of guitar pedals that I would love to plug a real keyboard/synth into and find the sound.

I've been looking on the list of Craig here in NYC and there's always a ton to choose from. I recently found a couple that really got to me and I'm having a tough time figuring which one would be the best purchase/investment. There's the Roland Juno 2 and Korg Poly 800. I've read a bunch about both and they seem to have their own strengths and weaknesses and in the end they both come out pretty equal to my ears. The Juno is $225 and the Poly 800 is $300 (asking price).

If anyone has had experience with either machine and wouldn't mind giving me some of their personal feeling on either one and why it would probably work for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards the Juno 2, but I think it's probably smartest to just save up for the Minillogue.The seller said he'd accept $190 for the Juno though so I'm still debating it.

Back