I just got a Korg Poly-61 in great condition 22 years old!

junplugged

Taking the slow road
this thing is cool, it's pre-midi. the poly-61M has midi. It has tape outs and ins for storing programs.

I wonder if I can use digital recording for that and feed it wave files, why not right?

Sounds like a cool setup that you picked up. And ya, try to record sum stuff on it, i've never used anythng like that for it.

I had a Poly 61 back in the day. Under-rated, mean-sounding synth. Yes, you can save and load using wave files recorded on the computer. I did it all of the time with the Poly 61 and few other old synths.

sizzlemeister said:
I had a Poly 61 back in the day. Under-rated, mean-sounding synth. Yes, you can save and load using wave files recorded on the computer. I did it all of the time with the Poly 61 and few other old synths.
That's very cool how you can use new digital technolgoy to get around old analog requirements like that. I really like that joystick, it's got huge bend when you turn it up and then keeping it down to the left and changing the frequency knob is very fun, totally changes the sound.

I'd like to sample some of it too. I just ran thru the presets, not sure if they are all the stock ones, or where user area is, but they were pretty tame compared to what I can do changing parameters. There's so few parameters I just took notes on a sound I wanted to keep so far, didn't write over any programs yet.

I love the simplicity and control, it's more fun than paging thru my 500+ sounds on my QS+ although that's a great machine too.

I only have a problem with the number buttons repeating and not responding so well. Not sure, maybe I can clean them or something.

junplugged said:
I only have a problem with the number buttons repeating and not responding so well. Not sure, maybe I can clean them or something.
A little contact cleaner inside will help. Both my Poly-61's had this problem. My 61's are my 2 favorite pieces of vintage gear in my collection, and I always have at least one, in full service. If you get brave you can adjust the filters inside on the 6-voice card, and dramatically alter the overall sound. I have 1 the screams with high-end, and is very cold sounding, and the other which is warm and fuzzy for the solid bass and pads. Any questions about repair, let me know.

Back