free downloadable sampler

john1967

I'm not sure if this is the right catagory for this question.

Can anyone recommend a free downloable sampler?

Thank you very much and have a nice day. :)

You want to be added to a sampler? Or do you want to download a sampler?

I wonder how much life that paradigm has in it? I used to listen to a ton of CD samplers, but now that I'm primarily doing MP3s, it seems like too much work to sit down and listen to some hit-or-miss sampler with a bunch of bands I don't know or care about.

Thank you very much.

Jiff 41. I have tried to install that particular sampler and it just doesnt work for me. I have tried to install it on both windows 7, 64 bit and windows 8.1 64 bit.

it comes to an option where you get three opntions and one of them is to repair something and none of those options make the thing work. Do you have any advice and thank you. :)

i hope this is not too vague.

The program seems to be on my computer but i cant find a way to open it. here is a couple images i took.
13zv18z.jpg
2882ys1.jpg
mkzrbk.jpg
2zsxo3k.jpg
i repair it and it seems to say it is fine and if you need more information please ask. and thank you.

Hi John
The only thing I did was click on 'RUN' in the top pic! & it asks for the destination folder which is where it's installed!

A thought just occurred to me is,are you trying to install it as a free standing sampler?, cos I open in my DAW (Reaper) as a VST,

I'm not sure (never tried) it as a free standing. Are you using a DAW?

EDIT; I just reinstalled it & as I thought it's a VST, which means you must have a DAW to open it!

Last edited:
Oh that kind of sampler. I thought you meant a music sampler like what record labels put out periodically.

Hi John
The only thing I did was click on 'RUN' in the top pic! & it asks for the destination folder which is where it's installed!

A thought just occurred to me is,are you trying to install it as a free standing sampler?, cos I open in my DAW (Reaper) as a VST,

I'm not sure (never tried) it as a free standing. Are you using a DAW?

EDIT; I just reinstalled it & as I thought it's a VST, which means you must have a DAW to open it!

thank you. I am using audacity and i can not find where in audacity to find VSTs.

And you're sure you followed steps 5,6,7 like it says in those instructions?

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I don't use (never even tried) Audacity, but a lot of people do, shame none of them are reading this thread!

As I said before usually when something won't work, I go back thru the installation steps & find I've done somethin wrong!!

Keep @ it!, it's the best way to learn, we've all had to do it! :)

And you're sure you followed steps 5,6,7 like it says in those instructions?

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I don't use (never even tried) Audacity, but a lot of people do, shame none of them are reading this thread!

As I said before usually when something won't work, I go back thru the installation steps & find I've done somethin wrong!!

Keep @ it!, it's the best way to learn, we've all had to do it! :)

I was able to locate the plug ins folder but i could not see where the plug in directory was. That may be the step i am missing. Where is that directory? And thanks for the help.

Hi John
Well I thought I'd D/L Audacity as a lot of people use it for editing & I had a good scout about inside & I don't think you'd be able to use a sampler with it? (I couldn't get it to work anyway!) FX can be added but you have to set parameters before playing the track?, once you hit play the plug disappears.It's just a basic recorder/editor. I'm going to keep it on my PC as a lot say it's very good for editing audio?. I shall try it!.

But my advice to you would be, get another DAW there's a lot of 30 day trials & Reaper is only $60.US to buy after 60days full trial & that is a full (no restrictions!) trial!.

And there is certainly no problem with it using samplers!. Give it a go, it runs on all computers & is very small to install, there's quite a steep learning curve but it's well worth it! & plenty of help on the forum!,, & if you don't like it & want to try something else, just un-install it!.

Here's the link; REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits

• :D
:facepalm: I'm not a Reaper salesman,promise!!

So in order to use the free software i have to pay for other software?

I do not mean to be a jerk but this makes no sence to me.

So in order to use the free software i have to pay for other software?

I do not mean to be a jerk but this makes no sence to me.

I just saw this and don't understand why you would say that.

Reaper is free to try for an unlimited time. For $60 you get rid of the nag screen asking you to pay for it. Well worth $60 if you choose to use the product full time.

Maybe I missed something here but you can have a trial run of most any software.

I just saw this and don't understand why you would say that.

Reaper is free to try for an unlimited time. For $60 you get rid of the nag screen asking you to pay for it. Well worth $60 if you choose to use the product full time.

Maybe I missed something here but you can have a trial run of most any software.

This makes sence and thank you very much.

I downloaded the trail version of reaper but i can't seem to find a way to access the TX16 Wx sampler, or to put it into a plug in i can use.

Would you know of any instructions that show how to use reaper and that particular sampler?

Do i need to do plugins and how is that done. I am really confused about this.

And thank you for you time?

Back