FL Studio as a MIDI sequencer?

Yes according to FL Tech Support...below is cut/pasted from the loops suppport site:

"Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if it is possible to use Midi in FL Studio somehow to playback on my (also Midi) keyboard. It is all wired up and i regularly record from my keyboard into piano roll - so I'm just wondering if i can do the reverse and trigger my keyboard to play from within Floops.

Hope someone can help (ps i checked the help files but i cant seem to find stuff on this, perhaps it's not possible?).

Cheers,

Dres.

za, 10-mei-03 23:47

Ken Schuller wrote :

You use Midi out generators and choose the port mapped to the output port of your Midi device (sound card, et cetera). From the Help file (F1):

SYSTEM SETTINGS

Midi Settings
The Midi Settings page contains fields for setting which Midi drivers will be used for input, output and syncing. It also contains options related to Midi keyboard recording and automation. For a list of supported Midi devices, see the Supported Midi Devices page.

Output Port Mapping
In this section you can map the Midi drivers available on your system (such as loopback devices, hardware and software synthesizers etc.) to a Midi port in FL Studio. To map a device, select it in the list and set a port number in the box below. Selecting "---" in that box means you leave the device unmapped and it can't be used in FL Studio (but it will be free to use with other sequencers/players running at the same time).

Master Sync Output
FL Studio will send master sync signal to the device chosen here (if Enable Midi Master Sync is turned on in Options menu). FL Studio can be synced as a master with external Midi devices. You can also sync with Midi sequencers by using a virtual Midi cable software, such as Midi Yoke.

Remote Control Input
This section sets the remote control Midi device and its settings.

Remote Control Input - The device chosen here will be used for Midi input in FL Studio. Such devices are Midi keyboards and external Midi controllers, such as PhatBoy, Drehbank etc. Additionally, FL Studio supports several types of custom Midi controllers.
Control Surface Select - FL Studio supports all generic Midi controllers (absolute wheels/sliders). If you use such device, select (generic controller) in this menu. Additionally, several types of custom Midi controllers are supported: transport controls, jog, endless (relative) wheels and custom switch controls. If you use a supported device (such as Peavey StudioMix and Tascam US-428), just select it in this list to enable its advanced features.
Auto Accept Controller - If you turn this option off, you'll have to click the OK button in Midi.htm">Midi Remote Control box to accept a controller mapping and close the box. When turned on, the box will close right after you tweak a controller on you external Midi controller device (and that tweaked controller will be mapped to the property). For this option to work, you need to turn the Auto detect option in the Midi Remote Control box.
Keyboard Input:
Ignore Velocities - If turned on, FL Studio will ignore note velocities sent by some Midi keyboards.
Record to Step sequencer - If turned on, all recorded notes from your Midi keyboard will be put in the sequencer.htm">Step sequencer, not in the Piano Roll.
Omni Preview Midi Channel - Lets you set a channel on your Midi keyboard, where each keyboard key previews one of the channels in the sequencer.htm">Step sequencer.
Playlist Live Mode Midi Channel - Lets you set a channel on your Midi keyboard, where each keyboard key turns on/off one of the patterns in the sequencer.htm">Playlist window (in live mode).
Generator Muting Midi Channel - Lets you set a channel on your Midi keyboard, where each keyboard key mutes/unmutes one of the channels in the sequencer.htm">Step sequencer.
Toggle on Release - When turned on, instead of switching back to the previous state after a second press (in the muting and live mode channels), the state will switch back whenever the key is released."

I am currently trying to get my Oxygen 8 to trigger the drum kits with one key per drum pad just to get the initial groove programmed. Unfortunately I am not too computer and MIDI compatable so far but slowly getting there...just not enough time.

Back