Fender Super Twin Reverb Amp

A whole lot depends on the year of manufacture,...

usually the early ones are worth more,... but it really can vary quite a bit,.... Email me, and I will send you a few sites to visit that will help you determine what exactly you have,... and how to go about selling it without getting taken,....Sorry about the husband,.....

Steve

Its techinical name is SuperReverb. The TwinReverb is another amp very simular. The SuperReverb is basically based off of the TwinReverb, but a little different.

There are three major variations for the whole production run since its introduction. 2 of them are refered to as "Blackface". Being the face plate where the knobs are is black with white lettering. The original design (ruffly 1965-1969) was of this nature and is the most desirable. The most current ones are also "Blackface". I don't know when the current line was brought back to the original specs. Sorry.

The other variation is commonly known as the "Silverface". This was mostly during the 1970's when CBS really started to tamper with the circuit design. These are the least desirable of the models. But they still have their place.

This particular amp is older. My husband was using it in the late 70's. It does say Super Twin Reverb on the front. It is black face, black "grill" (? I'm assuming this is the thing over the speakers?? Can you tell I'm not very musically inclined?) Black knobs with white letters. Serial number A769950. What else can I tell you about it?

The label is there but there are no stamped numbers or letters on it. I read on one of the webs sites that you should be able to see letters or numbers on the transformer too but I'm not sure where to look. Guess I just have to trust that people are not going to try to take advantage of me. That's gotten me in trouble more than once though. Thanks so much for all the input. You guys are all great!

Well, its narrowed down to 1977-1980, so its not that bad. The only real important number ($$$ wise) is when it relates to before or after the 1965 CBS purchase of Fender.

I would put it on eBay, if you can take some pictures. Most guitar shops wont pay anywhere near what stuff is worth.

Here is a couple exacmples of what the letters I am refering to look like...
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/ampchart.jpg
http://www.classicamplifiers.com/images/1965Deluxe_TubeChart.jpg

A lot of times they used black and it gets very faint over time.

The tube chart on this amp doesn't look like either of those. It has circles for the tubes and the letters inside the circles are 6L6GC. The top of the tube chart says "Fender Musical Instruments Fullerton, California Fender Special design electronic tubes provide optimum performance in this amplifier. For best results replace with Fender original equipment tubes only." Then the only other numbers anywhere on that label are under the name Fender in the bottom right hand corner and they are 013766. ???

It is a 1977, from the serial number.

1970-1989-Most amps do not have a date code stamped on the tube location chart. For amps with the serial number beginning with a letter, you may use the following:

B+5---digits - 1975-1976
A6+5-digits - 1976
A7+5-digits - 1977
A8+5-digits - 1978
A9+5-digits - 1979
F0+5--digits - 1980
F1+5--digits - 1981
F2+5-digits - 1982
F3+5-digits - 1983
F4+5-digits - 1984
F9+5-digits - 1979-1980

I would track a few fender amps on ebay. Watch what they sell for and try to track the same years/type. This will give you a ball park range for what it might be worth.

You can also check here http://www.prepal.com/data/Fender.htm

This place shows some recent prices on various Fender amps. Not sure yours is listed but it might get you closer to and idea of what its worth.

Back