external reverb unit

sathyan

The reverb built into my keyboard doesn't do much. When I record I find that I usually add reverb to the recorded track in CoolEdit. I particularly like big room reverbs (church, concert hall, etc.)

For live use is there an inexpensive reverb unit I could use with my keyboard? Input needs to be 1/4". Stereo is better but I suppose mono would be OK.

thanks
Sathyan

TC Electronics M300 is a cheap but good unit. It's a dual effect unit so at the same time as running a reverb you could also use a chorus or something...

reverbs

i second the roland srv3030 -- great price for some pretty killer sounds considering their all made of 1's and 0's...

lilcapn said:
i second the roland srv3030 -- great price for some pretty killer sounds considering their all made of 1's and 0's...

Hi

I have an SRV3030 that I like it a lot but I use it more for ambiance reverb at mixdown or for reverb on vocals. When it comes to enhancing instruments, I rather use my Lexicon MPX 550. Do we have to adjust the parameters a lot to get good results on instruments ? Usually, I don't deviate too much from the preset settings.

Note: I tried to apply reverb on acoustic and electric guitar so maybe it's working better on other instruments.

Thanks,

Jack Real.

My vote for the Lexicons. MPX-100/200/550/500 all have sweet reverbs. In most cases these have analog and digital I/O options.

Back