digi 001 isnt working as windows audio device

ok,i recently upgraded my spec to the following,

core2duo conroe 6600 (2.4/1066/4mb)
4x 1gb ddr677 ram
1x 200gb maxtor diamond max 10 ide primary hdd
1x 80gb western digital sata 2 storage drive.

and one digi001 (came with protools 5.3,6.1 and 6.11 but i use vegas)

ok,,,so the digi001 has been fine in vegas, but never worked as the playback device for dvds, or media player etc.

i HAVE followed all the instructions for installing protools with the equivalent version wavedriver, disabling windows system sounds, using the digi mme helper for 3rd party software etc etc, and then when that didnt work, i tried a fresh xp install,,,,sweeping away all digi drivers and associated software,
then installed the standalone version of wavedrivers. this didnt work either,

after a lot of faffing about ,,,,i have now lost the digi001 in vegas,

and in the attempt of getting that back, i've somehow worked my pc into a state of "boot to black screen"

needless to say,,,i will be selling/incinerating the digi001,,,but i just wandered if anyone had run into these problems before or knew how to remedy them?

thanks.

I use Windows XP SP2 with a Digi001 and Cubase SX3.

I didn't want protools so I didn't install that (and you shouldn't install that unless you're going to use it) but I installed the ASIO drivers off the website.

Now this works fine in Cubase, but I got greedy and wanted audio playback from normal apps as well so I installed the wave driver. This worked but I lost ASIO support.

It seems like you can either have one or the other. The alternative is to just keep the ASIO support (for your sequencer) and then get asio plugins for anything you want sound for (winamp etc).

Or another option is to have another soundcard and route the out from that into the monitor input on your digi then hit the monitor mode button.

hi there,,,thanks for writing back,,,,and for the good ideas,,,

forgot to mention tho that i have onboard audio and a terratec ews 88mt,,,,both of which are now disabled,,,,but i did try using them as secondary audio devices for winamp etc,,,,but while the digi was installed,,they wouldnt play back :(

up until now ive been tryin wavedriver only,,,
got the asio drivers today,,so ill see what they do.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Back