Delayed signals from digital piano

pembon

Hopefully some people came across this issue I'm having: I own a digital piano ( Roland V-Piano) which audio port is connected to a mixer. The mixer also receives audio signal from the DAW through the sound card Audio OUT Port . The piano is also connected through MIDI to the Soundcard MIDI IN Port and also the sound card MIDI OUT port is connected back to the Digital piano to be able to playback the MIDI track through the Digital Piano Sound Module.
The issue is that I record the piano in a MIDI track for further MIDI editing, if the MIDI track MIDI output port is set pointing to the MIDI port which is connected to the Piano, then I pick up two signals through the mixer: one is the direct signal from the Digital piano audio to the mixer and the second one through the MIDI port which controls the piano sound module and audio,as mentioned before, is sent to the mixer. These two signals are the same but the one generated by MIDI control has a small delay (equal to the effective latency setting set at 4 msec in my soundcard). These two signals played back together in the mixer at that lower latency creates phase cancellation which is heard by a slightly distorted sound and lower, very annoying when recording.
I'm able to record only monitoring through the mixer by selecting a midi out port different from the one connected to the piano in the MIDI track, but then I can't hear what is already recorded in that track.
My question is : is there a known setup for this configuration so I can eliminate this issue?
Hopefully the question makes sense, apologize for the long thread. Thanks in advance for your help
Pablo

First, welcome to the site.

I know I'm not completely following the set up, but I think you can simply disconnect the MIDI In cable, going back to the Roland while you are recording. Just unplug it. You really don't need until you playback, then just plug the MIDI In back into the Roland.

Which DAW program are you using? The real cause of the problem is in the set up of the DAW. You are somehow sending the recorded MIDI data back to the Roland. There has to be a software parameter that will turn that off.

Back