Clavinova Recording to CD

Haydn42

I want to record music from my Clavinova CLP811 to a CD, in other words convert to a .wav file and use my burner to make the CD.

I have asked how this should be done to ten different people (some "experts") an been given about six different answers. These answers range from fairly inexpensive software programs to programs that cost hundreds of dollars.

I have downloaded demos of some of these programs,Band-in-a-Box an Cubase etc. and it seems to me that there are a thousand different gadgets for the enthusiasts which I would never use.

I have recorded to tape before with a fair loss of quality of sound (my playing is another story).

I would be glad of any advise

Thank You
Haydn42

Hey Hayden42-

Welcome to The Board. We'll try and get you straightened out.

Making cd's is a day on the beach once you have a wav. file on your hard drive.

There are 2 (count 'em) 2 things you will need to record waves to your hard drive.

1.) A soundcard - you may already have one on your PC, if so - cable into it and play. Start becoming familiar with the multimedia (midi/audio) options and settings in your control panel.

2.) Digital/Audio recording software. Such as n-Track, Cubase, Cakewalk - (visit web sites and dl free demos). These programs will record your audio and digitally store it as a wav. file on your drive, for retrieval later.

If you can make waves, you can make cd's.

Yes, the clav lives !

Hi... on a similar ♪, I have a question, if you can help.

I have just purchased a Clavinova CVP 505. I have been successful in recording 4 or 5 tracks and play them back as asingle piece on the piano. But it seems it only saves on a midi format, which then played on the computer sounds tinny. How can I save the file to the USB drive so that when I transfer it to the computer the sound is the original of the instruments I chose in the recording?

Thank you!

Back