Video of 2015 Standard and Deluxe

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Interesting video. Summary - the G Force is not very good and the neck is too wide but the fit and finish is still great (which I found on my LP too - they are well finished)

To be fair the robot tuners work a lot better when the instrument has been played a bit and the tuner has been used several times. That's speaking from personal experience having owned a Gibson with the robot tuner for a year or so. Yes initially it wasn't impressive, it works fine once things settle in which is perhaps once the strings become a tiny bit less lively, although I have read somewhere that the tuners adapt initially, not sure if there's any truth to that. I'm feeling slightly glad that the purchase of a LP custom I had been hankering for happened prior to the new models becoming the only option for a brand new instrument. It might be a case that once one has lived with the new models they do offer something to be happy about beyond the knobs and general finish. It'll be interesting to see how the price increases translate here in the UK, and how quickly the old stock instruments begin to move off the shelves. If I were to be in the market for an addition LP I think I'd be seriously looking now and considering if it would be better to find one I like before the stock is gone. Thanks, it was interesting to watch the video.

Cheers,

Tim

Back