NGD Gibson Content

ido1957

9K Gold Member
My new 2014 Gibson Les Paul Custom. I'll post a song shortly in the clinic with a song we recorded with it.
Didn't take too long to get comfortable playing it. It is strung with 10-46 which takes a bit more strength to bend that B string up a whole tone. It's probably 10 lbs but is comfortable for playing while standing a couple hours at a time. Pics are from my cheapo Samsung flip phone - can't find my camera's battery charger at the moment.

Photo934.jpgPhoto935.jpgPhoto941.jpgPhoto943.jpg

Nice! I think everyone should have a non-chambered, non-weight relieved LP in their arsenal of guitars. I'm a LP Standard kind of guy, but have owned a couple of Customs and do like and appreciate them. Glad you got something you liked. And if you have children it is definitively something you can leave to them when you leave this life. :thumbs up:

Funny you should say that. My daughter said the other day wants my old yellowed Fender Hardtail Strat when I die. Mostly sentimental as I taught her how to play a couple of chords on it when she was in Junior High. She can't play anything now - she went into dance instead. But she never forgot that I guess.

I owned a 70's LPC and had to sell it years ago for rent. Been looking at replacing it for a while now.

That's funny. I too also have relatives that can't really play all that well, but for sentimental reasons want certain guitars of mine when I die. I'm fine with that since I won't be able to take any of them with me anyway when I die! LOL! However, I will have a few picks in my pocket when I'm buried just in case! LOL!

They have a few cool colors and I was actually considering the burst but have always like the black beauty most (which I had before).

They have a few cool colors and I was actually considering the burst but have always like the black beauty most (which I had before).

I've always liked the Silverburst myself. I love Customs but I'm not usually a fan of the gold hardware.

Well done Ido, you deserve it.
I look forward to hearing some more rock oriented tunes from you now.

I agree. If you go with solid colors, it should be black. Otherwise, beautifully figured wood.

Well done Ido, you deserve it.
I look forward to hearing some more rock oriented tunes from you now.

I'm looking forward to writing more rock stuff with this one. Although an epic rock ballad is not out of the question. :)

How you liking that ebony fretboard? That's actually one of my favorite features of Customs. The dark look, the hardass feel, good stuff.

That's about the only guitar on Earth that I could make an exception on the gold hardware. That's just gorgeous.

How you liking that ebony fretboard? That's actually one of my favorite features of Customs. The dark look, the hardass feel, good stuff.

Plays pretty fast - I'm using 10's so it is a little bit different than my 9's. The 10's are harder to bend but for straight chords and lead it's pretty much the same for speed. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to stay with 10's but I'm going to give it a try for a while to see how it goes. Mike has 9's on his LP Studio and it feels like my Strat for bending but doesn't seem to have as much balls - it supposedly has the same pickups as the LPC.

For a shorter scale guitar like an LP, I'd definitely recommend sticking with .010s or thicker. Give 'em a chance and see if you can adapt.

Been looking at a LP trad II in honeyburst. Just about ready to drop phone and go get it. Any pros or cons welcomed. Presently own a fender c/s tele with lace sensors. Running it through a Marshall AVT50H with 4x12 A cabinet.

Been looking at a LP trad II in honeyburst. Just about ready to drop phone and go get it. Any pros or cons welcomed. Presently own a fender c/s tele with lace sensors. Running it through a Marshall AVT50H with 4x12 A cabinet.

I have a Trad Goldtop and really like it. It's beefy and heavy and non-chambered. But it has the 60s neck so it's more playable for me. I love it. It's a great guitar.

Back