NGD - 84 Kramer Pacer

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Bought this off Ebay for 600 bucks. I've been looking for ages for a banana neck for my existing Kramer (for down the road) but in this case I get the whole guitar. I might leave it at my friend's place as that's where we do most of our recording nowadays. He has a Marshall JVM210 so it will be just like home. Fingers crossed it ships from USA to Canada without being destroyed.

Kramer 84 Black.jpg

This is your second Kramer, right? What's a banana neck?

I've got a Kramer Focus 6000, MIJ, probably early 90's. It's a little beat up but still plays good. I'm thinking of selling it; I haven't touched it in over a year.

Cool man, I had a Nightswan back in the day, lightning bolt graphics, all original, sold it for peanuts around '99 or 2000, wish I still had it, awesome guitar, but, live & learn I suppose....

Cool man, I had a Nightswan back in the day, lightning bolt graphics, all original, sold it for peanuts around '99 or 2000, wish I still had it, awesome guitar, but, live & learn I suppose....

I hear that bro, had a white Aztec Swan, sold it well, but I wish I would have kept it...... along with my Pacer's, Baretta's and a wicked Paul Dean neck thru.

Bought this off Ebay for 600 bucks. I've been looking for ages for a banana neck for my existing Kramer (for down the road) but in this case I get the whole guitar. I might leave it at my friend's place as that's where we do most of our recording nowadays. He has a Marshall JVM210 so it will be just like home. Fingers crossed it ships from USA to Canada without being destroyed.

View attachment 86264

Nice!!!
Hang on to it, some real Kramer's are going for stupid money these days.

They also made an all aluminium guitar back then I believe. I had two of them(wood). They were good guitars. I liked the Floyd Rose, but hated changing the strings. Once you got it locked in it stayed in tune though.

Lol. I just pulled mine down off the wall hook. After a year or more, it's still in tune. :D

I told you. Lol. I wish there was a system that kept a guitar in tune like that, but without all the hassle.

I flipped a couple of Kramer's last year. A condor, and a baretta. The condor had a kahler, and the old baretta had an original FR. The same guy bought both.. He has about 15 of them.

Yep, they're kind of making a comeback. I have one left, but it's so beat-to-hell it's not worth much. Mine were the made in the US kind with German stamped hardware. They basically sounded pretty much like my Les Pauls, which is why I went back to playing Les Pauls. I can't knock them, they were quality guitars. I think I paid five or six hundred bucks for them in 1980, but don't quote on that as my memory of that time is kind of hazy. LOL!

Seller cancelled the sale... Notified me there was a crack in the headstock (undisclosed in add, discovered when packing) it didn't look bad so I was going to still get the guitar. Then his luthier confirmed it was all the way through and seller decided to cancel. Disappointed but glad I didn't get a bad guitar. Kudos to the seller for being honest.
Kramer crack.jpg

Back