Fender Stratocaster Highway One/Bladerunner Tremolo

C4th

Hi.
Iv changed the stock tremolo on my guitar to a Super Vee Bladerunner.
Instalment was easy and it looks great too. Once i thought i had set it up and
played, it sounded great just acoustically, but when plugged in it sounded fantastic.
But then a problem occurred, the G and (low) E go out of tune every time i use
the trem. Every other string stays in tune fine but the G and E go sharp every time.
The trem is set for floating and its set up with 10s
I have also lubed the nut.

Any advice, answers or questions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I don't own a strat but I did a bit of a re build on a guitar involving the trem and found a similar issue. Eventually I got it sorted by altering the spring configuration and now the guitar is pretty much always in tune throughout regardless of me being a bit rough with the trem. With mine it was three or four strings which wouldn't settle, yours may be a totally different issue, possibly the tuners could benefit from tightening the screws in the tuning knobs for those strings or the strings might be hanging a little at the nut even with the lube, hence an uneven distribution of tension along the whole string.

Regards

Tim

i can get a strat to stay in tune for whammy or bending but not both

to me its not worth the hassle

i like telecasters now

It's not the tuners...

Check the nut and saddles.

There is a recent thread about the essential requirement that strings need to be free to pass over the nut and the saddle. If they don't they will go out of tune as even a little binding will cause problems.. A trem will peed that up...

Thanks for your help, will try what you said.
Its just annoying as i know that people who have replace there stock trem with a bladerrunner, said that going out
of tune now is near on impossible, and its the best you can get for a non locking trem.

Back