Epiphone Special 1 P90 intonation probs

Stubby03

What is a good replacement bridge for a eip special 1 P90. I cant adjust for intonation with the stock one.

Welcome to the club.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul that had the same issues. I bought a Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and had it sent to the local lutheir to have it slotted, or whatever it is called, and properly set up and it's been awesome ever since. i think all in it ran me around 150 bucks. For bridge and Luthier.

If it is one of the cheaper epi's you may not want to put another 150 bucks into it so i would suggest taking it local music store that will do a proper string chnage /set up on it for you and you may find that will make a huge difference. Cheap Epi's can be really misleading and crap shoot. 50% of them are great little guitars. the other 50% are night mares.

Thanks, but I saw a wraparound bridge that I can get for it on a website. Now I cant find the site. I only paid 150 for it. Just something to play ideas of songs on. Im a bass player. Just got this to noodle on.

Welcome to the club.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul that had the same issues. I bought a Nashville Tune-o-matic bridge and had it sent to the local lutheir to have it slotted, or whatever it is called, and properly set up and it's been awesome ever since. i think all in it ran me around 150 bucks. For bridge and Luthier.

If it is one of the cheaper epi's you may not want to put another 150 bucks into it so i would suggest taking it local music store that will do a proper string chnage /set up on it for you and you may find that will make a huge difference. Cheap Epi's can be really misleading and crap shoot. 50% of them are great little guitars. the other 50% are night mares.

Me thinks...

Epi Special I with P90'S = stop bar tailpiece/bridge.

Nashville Tune-o-matic = stop bar and bridge

Not gonna work..

I have an Epi Special worn black with P-90's. Intonates perfectly. Actually, got it used at a pawn shop and it was already right on.

mmmh I'd recommend a tonepro bridge, the problem with it is you are modifying a cheap guitar, it's not going to make it more valuable, and even once you get a new bridge it might not make a huge difference

mmmh I'd recommend a tonepro bridge, the problem with it is you are modifying a cheap guitar, it's not going to make it more valuable, and even once you get a new bridge it might not make a huge difference

May be 'cheap' guitars, but they play and sound great. I have many guitars during my 54 years of playing but that one is still one of my favorites.

Im not trying to make it anymore than it is. I play bass, but I write a lot on guitar. I like to record idea's for my band, and to hear the intonation out, and cant adjust it, drives me nuts. Thanks for the info on bridges.

I used to own a LP Special with a wraparound bridge. I changed it to a Badass bridge with saddles immediately. Never affected the tone but I had no problem intonating. Some bastard stole it from me in 82.

It's cheaper to try some different strings. I use D'Addario XL .009-.046 on mine and it works just fine. The stock tuners suck, but I have a set of Grovers for it when I get completely fed up with it.

Back