Do you use strap locks

• Yes I use strap locks

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • No I do not use strap locks

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Just curious - I have them on all my guitars and always have. I play a lot standing up so more opportunity for dropping than if sitting.

I use Schaller strap locks - there's a few options but these seem to be the most popular.

Never tried them. I've never had a guitar fall off the strap (but I've knocked a few off the stand).

Schallers on the good guitars.

And these on the not so good guitars.... :D
That bread thing is a good idea. I've never tried it, but my mother (who buys every "nifty gadget" she ever sees) gave me a handful of these oval things that can be used as part of a cable lock system or snapped over the strap button the same as that. Turns out they work really well.

After I dropped my Rick a couple times, I found myself a strap with tiny little holes. Take off the strap button and just screw the strap to the guitar. It worked well until the screw on the horn stripped itself out of the wood. After I dropped it a couple more times (I caught it most of the time), I put in a threaded insert and stopped playing my Rickenbacker in bars. Moved that strap to my main working guitar.

I have schallers on the Les Paul, but I don't trust them either! With a standard strap, the thing will eventually work it's way through the hole and let loose.

The strap on my SG is duct taped at the butt end, and holds pretty well to the button at the neck.

Got to have strap locks! I believe mine are Schaller, but truly I can't remember. I love the idea of the bread bag closers. I've GOT to try that.

Schallers on my electrics. Would like them on my Taylor, but I am loathe to drill a hole into it - can't substitute the end pin, as it's got a 1/4" balanced jack.

I went with the Dunlop Lok Strap disks on all my guitars....I bought a bulk-pack jar with 3 dozen pieces, for the price of doing maybe three guitars with metal strap locks.

Dunlop Manufacturing :: Accessories :: Capos :: Lok Strap

LokStrap-11.png

Had some reservations initially, so I first bought a few to try on a couple of guitars...and I was impressed with how well they work, so I went them on all my guitars.
I've never had one pop off, break or come undone.....they do the job, and there's no need to replace existing strap buttons.
They're a little hard to put on some really fat/wide strap buttons, but I've managed to get them on every guitar/bass I have.

Inexpensive yet functional and a very cool, simple design with just a couple of plastic disks.

^^^ I have these on all of my Bass straps. They work really well. Never dropped a Bass yet and these things are heavy as hell!

Dunlop. Way better design than Schaller.

The Jesus-clip on the Dunlop doesn't back off like the threaded nut on the Schaller does.

I once came within an inch of letting my Ric 325 hit the floor hard. Couldn't bring myself to change any of the hardware and settled on the Dunlop Lok Straps. Man they work well and all my guitars have them now.

Back