Best Amp Option for small apartment

My comment about the extinguisher might be thought flippant?
I assure you it wasn't. Manufacturers of electrical equipment go to great lengths to inform people of the does and don'ts of safe operation, blocking off ventilation holes is bad news.

Even if there is no actual fire the internal components of a valve amp will reach much higher temperatures than the design limits. This will cause red plating shortening valve life drastically and premature electrolytic cap failure.

"But I am only going to do it for this 5 minute lick!" That's fine but people forget, go out, get pissed/stoned. A cathode biased amp of the AC30 persuasion gets just as hot when NOT played as when thrashed. Standby? Well you can't do it under the blanket but even so transformers are still getting pretty warm.

I rate the advice as not as serious as lifting mains earths to fix hum loops (DO NOT DO IT!!) but likely to kill your kit.

Dave.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on the last reply! LOL!

Well If you never try it out How can you say that? I worked for me over 15 years, you guys is very quick to take down something wired but can work
but you know the best I think, without trying.lol

I know when I hear something completely dumbass! LOL!

Still wonder if you have try it out, or you just talking...
The problem with you guys is, you don't try to go out of your comfort box, and try something now, maybe wired but can work,
I feel sorry for you!

Still wonder if you have try it out, or you just talking...
The problem with you guys is, you don't try to go out of your comfort box, and try something now, maybe wired but can work,
I feel sorry for you!

Dood, seriously get over it. I have tried every friggen thing possible in my 30+ years of playing in bands and recording in bad situations.

Many of the guys you are arguing with have even more experience than I do. There is a reason why people tell you things don't work. It involves physics man. Not just opinion.

Throw back your attitude and realize that you are arguing nonsense.

Oh and pththpththpth! :)

Thanks Jimmy! LOL! You saved me the trouble. I hate arguing about nonsense, but I hate for people new to recording to get bad information more! And in this case, possibly dangerous information should the blanket catch on fire! I have a lot of blankets around my house and not one would come close to sound-proofing an 18 watt amp, let alone a 50 or 100 watt amp. The suggestion is not only silly and preposterous, but also possibly dangerous! To all people new to recording: DO NOT COVER AN AMP WITH A BLANKET!!! :spank:

Thanks Jimmy! LOL! You saved me the trouble. I hate arguing about nonsense, but I hate for people new to recording to get bad information more! And in this case, possibly dangerous information should the blanket catch on fire! I have a lot of blankets around my house and not one would come close to sound-proofing an 18 watt amp, let alone a 50 or 100 watt amp. The suggestion is not only silly and preposterous, but also possibly dangerous! To all people new to recording: DO NOT COVER AN AMP WITH A BLANKET!!! :spank:

Hopefully it saves someone from burning. What a horrible way to die that would be. And for not much reason either...

Sound will not be isolated with anything other than decoupling from room the sound is in and mass of the walls between them. A blanket may muffle a bit of high end, but it is not going to lower the transmission of sound outside the room whatever is recorded in it.

Different, yes. Productive? Likely not. Safe? Not really. Good advice? Not!

Best to argue things that actually work. :)

Back