Arthritis

You should get tested for Lyme disease.

You know, I can't say for sure whether or not he tested for that too. It was a blood test at a lab, and they weren't particularly informative there.

I can't remember why, now, but it seems like I kind of ruled it out because of some symptoms I didn't have. But, Lyme would be another one that, because of my activities, would make sense.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

If I recall, Lyme disease can be difficult to diagnose, and can cause problems years after the original infection has been dealt with. A close friend of mine is having serious health issues that the doctors suspect but can't say for sure was caused by his having Lyme. As for Arthritis, I have a terrible time with it. Besides getting looked at by a doctor, I also took my acoustic to a guitar doc. Over the years the action had become a little high without my realizing it. Having it set up, and switching to a lighter gauge string made a big difference in my pain level. When it gets really bad I have begun using a capo and retuning. The reduced string tension seems to have really helped.

RE:Lyme Disease, you might check if your hospital has a records website. The local one has all the info for each time you have blood work done. It may take some digging, but if they checked for it, the reading will be there.

Back