Anyone know anything about the Yamaha RGZ Custom guitar?

axehead

I've had a Yamaha RGZ Custom guitar for about 3-4 years now, but I know little about it. The only mention of it I can find on the net after exhaustive searching is my user review on Harmony Central! There's no other mention of it. I got it second hand for £400 in the UK, and all I know about it is that it was originally made in Japan and sold for about about £900.

Has anyone heard of it? Does anyone know anything about the pickup system that it has - Yamaha H.I.P.S. Does anyone know how it was rated when it came out? Anything??!! :-)

Even if you know just a little bit about it, please post. I love the thing, but it'd be great to know about some of it's history.

Cheers,

Alex

I once owned an (I think) RGZ 1220A, solid body, thru neck, two pickups, active electronics, pop in and out tremolo, system, very high end guitar, double cutaway, one of the nicest guitars I have ever owned, bought it in 92-94, somewhere in there. I paid 600.00+ plus for it, it was on sale, they were being discontinued.

Hey man, I have the same problem with my Yamaha...

I have a SF5000...
Ever heard of it?
Neck through, two humbuckers, Gibson style bridge, double cutaway, 3 tuners per side headstock, coil tap on the tone control [push pull]...
I got it second hand off a buddy in the NAVY while in Japan...I can't find any information on it...

If you find the "Holy Grail" of Yamaha guitar info, please let me know...

Good luck!

Happy Holidays

Back