Your opions please on a guitar stand for seven

Mongoo

There are two cases I am looking at getting.

A fender tweed case for seven - See here:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7.../s=accessories/search/detail/base_pid/454508/

&

A Rockstand flight case by Warwick for seven - See here:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7.../s=accessories/search/detail/base_pid/455005/

The Fender case looks nicer but is twice as much. As anyone used these and can share there impressions. Does anyone know if the Fender case is better or just more expensive. What do you think you would get if you where looking at getting a good guitar stand for 7?

I look forward to your opinions, I'm hopeing to make up my mind some time today so I can order one.

Thank you

Mongoo

I've seen the fender stand before and wasn't too impressed. It really just didn't seem that safe or sturdy to me, at least not safe enough that I'd trust my guitars in it. Granted I abuse these things like crazy, but still, $300 for a case that I wouldn't really trust just doesn't seem like a deal. I've always preferred flight cases anyway, though I haven't used that specific one.

I can understand not having 7 guitars, but when you play bass too its not that difficult to add it all up. As of right now I've got my original partical board guitar I got when I was 14, a generic fender, my accustic (which will probably take up 2 slots on the stand), a fender jazz bass, a Rickenbacker, and am borrowing an american strat.

Only 1 of those guitars cost me more that $300, but I've got them, and am still proud of them, and where they have taken me with music. I'm not buying a Guitar stand for 7 because I've got ton's of $1,000's of guitars. I just have a few I'm not willing to part with and are cluttering up the house, you know?

I would think there are alot of people in similar situations as me. Who knows though.

Thanks for the help. More thoughts are welcome too.

Mongoo

Dude ive been looking for something like that that i can trust and feel good enough about carry my six guitars. Right now i have three hanging from one of the hercules triple guitar stands (which is a killer stand btw) and then two more on single stands as well as an acoustic that leans against my amp. It takes up a good amount of room, but i havent seen any of the case style stands like those that i felt good about. You might try actually going to (if there is one near you) a guitar center, if i remember right i think they have a few to choose from.

Paul

Elusion, Do you not trust the flight stand too? I've gone to guitar center and call one even farther away, booth don't have any of this stuff in stock. So its hard to tell the real quality without seeing it in person. Can Anyone tell me what they think of the quality/stability of the Warwick stand? Bad/okay/good?

Also, How do you like the hercules stand? I'm thinking about getting one of those too (1 stand not 3). Can you tell me a little about that too? Thanks.

Mongoo

I don't have a case that opens to a 7 guitar rack, but I do have 2 of the Warick 7 guitar frame racks. I have 5 guitars on each stand, allowing a little space in between. (6 - Electrics, 2 Accoustics & 2 basses)

I found when I had 7 on one stand they were too close and I risked banging them together when I took one out or put it back.

I feel very comfortable having my axes on these stands. I feel they are more sturdy and better balanced than the case that opens up.

In my application the axes sit in my studio - but if I were taking them to a gig, I would likely use standard guitar cases and use the frames on stage (they fold so they aren't too hard to transport - no harder to transport that 7 or 10 guitar cases).

Hey people do I get this right: Want to put all the gtr.you have on one stand? Never had any accidents than, even when they are on stands? Why not keep them all cased up, and put the ones on single stands that you are using for the time being. So let's say you are recording and working with an acoustic, so an electric and a bass may be within reach, you would't really need more do you?. And what about dusting the things down :eek: [ or do you have a cleaner who comes to do your house every week?] Had too many a time when I knocked precious instruments from their stands as the room was too cluttered [and I was probably too much in a rush to get something and BANG and then you only wished you had them out of the way. Could be just me and being clumsy, but most accidents happen indoors so better to keep them out of the way. But hey, what I am saying? You may, for all I know, live in a castle or a mansion, :D well if that is the case then the Fender Case looks way to go.

Eddie :)

Oooh my vote goes for the oak one.

I have like, 12... or maybe 13 guitars now, and usually I just keep them in cases. I have about 5 stands, so I'll always keep whichever ones I'm playing (or using on stage) out, and then just switch them out whenever I feel like something different. At most I bring 3 guitars to a gig, but I guess I can see how it'd get up in numbers if you were bringing basses too... and possibly holding other people's guitars. Anyway, I'd definately trust the oak stand over any of those others.

That Oak stand is very nice - and not unreasonbly priced compared to the Warwick frame (which is about $70).

Timmerman, I agree that keeping guitars in the case is by far the safest. I also agree that when I had numerous individual tripar stands (or a-frames) I came close to knocking them over on more than one occasion.

However, the 7 guitar racks are much "neater" and pose less risk. Although you're right that leaving them out does expose the guitars to dust (I cover them with a fabric sheet)- and I'm always a little concerned about the effect on the guitar finish.

I leave them out 'cause, when I'm recording I often grab an accoustic for a ryhthm part and then a Tele for some "chickn' pickin' and then maybe a hollow body (Epi Dot) for another ryhthm part and then maybe a Strat for a lead, and them maybe a 12 string to supplement the ryhthm.

I like being able to set one guitar down and pick up another in one continuous movement. If I had to pull out a case, put the guitar away, pull out anoth case, etc. etc. it would really eat into my time, destroy my "vibe" and likely stiffle my creativity.

Either that - or I'm too damn lazy to pack up my gear.

Mongoo said:
Elusion, Do you not trust the flight stand too? I've gone to guitar center and call one even farther away, booth don't have any of this stuff in stock. So its hard to tell the real quality without seeing it in person. Can Anyone tell me what they think of the quality/stability of the Warwick stand? Bad/okay/good?

Also, How do you like the hercules stand? I'm thinking about getting one of those too (1 stand not 3). Can you tell me a little about that too? Thanks.

Mongoo

The hercules stand is great, ive got a PRS, Brian Moore, and a Fender Jag hanging from it and it they tell me they like it too. because of the locking system i ahve been able to pick it up with all three axes on there and carry it across the room without worrying about it. I think i spent like 60 or so on the triple stand and i cant remember what the singles are.

Paul

Elusion, Where did you get that 3-stand, I've only seen a stand for one and even then just a coulple of places have them, like zzounds. 1 is $30, so 3 for $60 is a pretty good deal, especially if there good stands.

Do those have rubber or foam on them? Have you had problems with any chemical reactions with your guitar finishes?

Thanks

Hello Mikeh [and others of coure]

Yes I agree, sometimes you would like several gtrs. at one go when you are on to something, so you can keep the creative flow.

About the individual stand and finish: Are there many people here who feel that the rubber sometimes interact with the finish?. I have one instrument with some funny parts on the finish, not really sure what has caused it, could be the stand, but for that reason I even do not want to keep them on those stands overnight. just use the stands only for the moment when I am working on sth.

And I agree, those seven-seaters are more secure than the individual ones.

Eddie :)

Mongoo said:
Elusion, Where did you get that 3-stand, I've only seen a stand for one and even then just a coulple of places have them, like zzounds. 1 is $30, so 3 for $60 is a pretty good deal, especially if there good stands.

Do those have rubber or foam on them? Have you had problems with any chemical reactions with your guitar finishes?

Thanks

I got mine at Big Dude's Music City here in Kansas City, its a kick ass local shop, and i think you can order from their website(Just google Big Dude's and Kansas City, since i cant remember the website). I think it has a foamish/rubberish paddy type thing, but i really could care less what its made out of, because i have had the same three guitars hanging on it day in and day out for around the past 8 months and havent seen any sort of chemical reaction. To tell you the truth, i hadnt even heard anything about chemical reactions until i read this thread. But after reading i checked them out and there is nothing wrong with any of them. The only time i ever had a problem with that stand was when i had my Parker Fly (for obvious reasons). Other than that it is great.

Fabirc

What kind of fabric do you think would be best to lay a guitar on? I'm thinking about making my own stand similar to that wood stand but with a couple of adjustments. Anyone know what kind of material it is inside guitar cases?

Thanks

Back