Xavier guitars from guitarfetish any good?

Nightfire

Aspiring Idiot
Has anyone played or owned one of the Xavier guitars that guitarfetish.com seems to be selling so cheaply?
Kinda curious to see what the deal on those is.

Mike

They are pretty good, especially for the cost. I have a hollowbody from a couple years back that is great, my main gigging guitar lately. I just got a blemished LP copy. It was pretty darn blemished (some guys were getting near-perfect samples, not me), but plays well and sounds good. I also bought about four sets of pickups over the years, all have been as-advertised, including a strat set that was about $15.

Check Harmony-central.com, there are about a hundred threads on them.

I own a Xaviere XV-650, which is their Strat-like guitar.

I really like it. It plays very well and the pickups sound great. The hardware is of good quality.

Time will tell if the whole thing is going to hang together, but for now it looks like one hell of a bargain.

I don't know about their guitars, but I bought some black tuners and a black strat jack plate from them a few weeks back. Rather disappointing. It looks like they packaged them before the paint was completely cured. They both have splotchy spots on them. I got a 2 post style trem from them that was ok - it was black also, but no splotches.

and not only that... They sent me an email that the jack plate was back ordered. So based wonky look of the tuners I had just bought from them, I replied back that I would like to cancel the jack plate order... The guy then emails back for the Ebay item number, order date, etc. I ended up just getting the jack plate cause it was so cheap and I was to busy to have to relook up the information

- But it sort of pissed me off -

If they were able to identify that I was the person that ordered a backordered item, then why do I need to do any work at all to cancel something that they indicated was in-stock and ready for delivery. In the old days of catalogs, they were required to offer a cancellation if the product was back ordered.

They just seemed lazy to me. And I'm getting crabby in my old age. If you want my business, cater to me.

But if their guitars are good - go for it. I'm just not impressed with their parts so far. But they are cheap.

As usual, buyer beware.

I'm just not impressed with their parts so far. But they are cheap.

As usual, buyer beware.

I was less than impressed with a wraparound bridge/tailpiece that I bought for my old LP Special. It was a cheap Chinese-made piece of crap, with incorrect dimensions everywhere, falsely advertised as a direct Special replacement. Jay and I got sideways over it but in the end I returned it, got a refund, and now understand that if you want quality hardware you will buy it elsewhere.

I think the hardware they put on those cheap Xaviere import guitars is better quality than the parts they sell.

Regardless, I do think the Xaviere guitars are a great bargain and need very little to make them very playable. The parts they sell are another matter.

i've had no problem with their tuning machines
Right, I wouldn't have a problem buying a known brand of hardware from them - they sell some genuine Wilkenson parts. But beware the parts labeled "Grover style" or "direct Telecaster replacment bridge" because these are Chinese knock-offs, and you will get what you pay for.

Back