would MESA 100watt Head goin in 4x12 Celestions be way to loud for home recording?

dassy

Iv played outta my freinds 65 watt Fender and thought that was to loud for home recording,cuz i want the mesas tubes to be kicking in but im afraid taht 100watts is so loud that i may not be able to get a good recording were the tubes kicking in unless the amp is screaming. tell me that itll be alright!

Yes, it will be too loud. Even 30-50 watt amps are too loud to really push hard in most home studios. If you want to use a loud amp you might want to look into buying or building an isolation box. Randall (Iso-Box) makes a good one with a Celestion speaker in it, you can find them for a good price on Ebay or buy a new one.

Reverend and Groove Tubes make good low watt amps (under 10 watts) but they don't have the big distorted sounds of a Mesa, so I won't recommend one.

WAY TOO LOUD!!!

i have a studio combo (22 watts) and it's hard enoughgn turning that puppy up... let aalone a 100 watt into a 4x12"...

Guhlenn

you might try a hotplate ... by THD i believe...

Too loud to allow the power tubes to kick in without blowing out your neighbor's eardrums.

An iso box could be useful.

Hell yes it would be too loud, especially if your sitting in the room with it.
I had to build an isolation box for a Mesa 50 watt with 1 EV 12 before we could heat the amp up enough to get the tone we wanted and still be able to stand it in the control room.

Too loud?
Bah! Of course not.
You might crack the glass on your control room,...
Or maybe even peel the paint off the walls,...

But to be to loud,... No. ;)

how do you guys record?

how do you guys record? what techniques? iso box / hotplate or neither?

im thinking of getting a hotplate i can use this live and in practice to right? what are the cons and pros of the hotplate???

Back