Who, What, Where?

Just tell em all 'know it all' says it's a case of thinking stuff through. No need for more stickies. I hate em anyway.:)

Ahh now that you mention it I think I left it in the n00b5 section. If you are round there ask if anyone has it..

that's not right if his bow is away from the strings.
He's gonna want to loosen the truss rod which would be counter clockwise

Huh? A bow away from the strings is a forward bow correct? Or maybe I have this backwards :confused:

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read the rest of the posts. I really have to learn not to skim haha.

Huh? A bow away from the strings is a forward bow correct? Or maybe I have this backwards :confused:

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read the rest of the posts. I really have to learn not to skim haha.
yeah .... asked and answered but let me explain why I was seeing it differently.
To me the bow is the entire shape of the neck, not the space in the middle.
So I would never say 'bowes away from the strings. I would just say bowed.
To me, if it's bowed 'away' from the strings that means the ends of the neck and the center form a bow where the curve is away from the strings ..... So it's just a different interpretation of the terminology

yeah .... asked and answered but let me explain why I was seeing it differently.
To me the bow is the entire shape of the neck, not the space in the middle.
So I would never say 'bowes away from the strings. I would just say bowed.
To me, if it's bowed 'away' from the strings that means the ends of the neck and the center form a bow where the curve is away from the strings ..... So it's just a different interpretation of the terminology

Yeah I understand man. That makes sense :p

If you are going to sticky these threads at least rename them appropriately so n00b5 will know what they are ignoring.

If you are going to sticky these threads at least rename them appropriately so n00b5 will know what they are ignoring.

This one is pretty lame. Worse than usual. There might be a small amount of useful info, but only if you sift through the bullshit. It definitely doesn't belong at the top of the page, even as a joke.

Yep thats fine. Post that in a new thread, title it "Graphic description of a single action truss rod", close the thread, ask for it to be stickied and remove this thread. If a more in depth description of what actually happens to the truss rod and neck timber when you adjust it and how to approach it I'll add it.

Job done.

Those are nice VP. I always have to dig around in a few different places to get all of my tools in the same area.

That does look cool VP.
My problem is that I have a warehouse, a shop, a studio, a barn, a home and 6 different live rig vehicles and they all need different tools at different times.

Hey I'll be down your way on Friday. I'll be at the Channel 3 TV station in Conn. Doing the sound for the band Remember September for the show Better Conn.

Back