What's your fav distortion/overdrive pedal?

64Firebird

I've got 2, a tube screamer and a Danelctro daddy-o. I like the dano a lot more, it sounds just like my amp.

64Firebird said:
I've got 2, a tube screamer and a Danelctro daddy-o. I like the dano a lot more, it sounds just like my amp.

that's weird, I think the tube screamer really outclasses the Dan-O Or do you have one of those new Tube screamers?

Re: Re: What's your fav distortion/overdrive pedal?

BrettB said:

that's weird, I think the tube screamer really outclasses the Dan-O Or do you have one of those new Tube screamers?

I have the TS-9. It sounds good, but it's more of a Marshall sound and the Daddy-O is more of a Fender sound. I prefer Fender sound over Marshall most of the time.

Speaking of tube screamers, there is a TS-808 on ebay right now, but the bid is over $450.00 and that's too much for me to pay for a stomp box. But, if anybody is interested, here's a LINK

I have a mesa V-twin and love it. But it's actually a tube pre-amp vs. a distortion/overdrive. It kicks ass in front of my Marshall and isnt' too bad in front of my Roland JC120.

I also use a Tech21/Sansamp Tri-Ac in front of my Roland and sometimes a Sansamp Original. Both are kick ass with my Roland and even straight to the board. I'm waiting to get my hands on the Double Drive to front my Marshall. I hear it's the most organic distortion pedal there is... whatever that means....

I need a good pedal to use between my LP and Mashall AVT for a more modern distortion sound. Any recomendations? The last one I used was a Boss Turbo OD and nobody seems to be using those anymore.

my favorite is the tube screamer....the old original lime green colored ones. the new ones don't sound as good to my ears

I've heard 64Firebird's Daddy-O and it sounds really good... but it's kind of old school as far as distortion... for something more modern I really love my Danelectro Fab Tone... Actually, I had a sound guy plug an 18V power supply into the 9V Fab Tone and it hasn't sounded the same since, but when I first got it, nothing topped it for that new crunch that everyone's looking for.

And if that's what you like then it's awesome... but there were some other people talking about a more modern sound... I wasn't saying old school in a bad way man

I picked up a Daddy-O last night - $50.

I played a Boss DS-1 too when I tried it out. The Daddy-O also has the a three band EQ... and I need that... so the decision was easy. Both units were whisper quiet. Good control when you back off the volume knob too.

They didn't have a E/H Big Muff so no comments there.
I used to have a Zoom 505II. I would have no problem getting another just based on the internal tuner, but they are $70 with many effects. You will find a modern crunch with that unit as well as a nice JP "Screaming for Vengeance" tone but some hiss/ noise associated.

Thanks for the post. A new toy for $50!

Keep 'em coming.

[:D] #45

While I don't have much use for the whole distortion/OD stompbox sound, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the ever-popular Boss SD-1. Probably the best of the cheapies, if you like that sort of thing.

I'm pretty much convinced that most stompbox users are unwittingly using them primarily to cover up the fact they can't play that well. Nothing in the world buries flubs like a distortion stompbox.

bongolation said:
While I don't have much use for the whole distortion/OD stompbox sound, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the ever-popular Boss SD-1. Probably the best of the cheapies, if you like that sort of thing.

I'm pretty much convinced that most stompbox users are unwittingly using them primarily to cover up the fact they can't play that well. Nothing in the world buries flubs like a distortion stompbox.

A mistake is a gift from the Buddah.

Back