What's your dream guitar?

Acoustic wise, I want a Breedlove Ed Gerhard Signature. They run about $3500. That's some serious dreaming... at least for the next 10 years.

On the electric side, either a Godin or a Musicman Steve Morse. I'll have one or the other within the next 6 months.

hot rod TELE

from th custom shop with a dream switch so when i plug it up i play me sum lightnin fast chicken pickin runs str8 outta bakersfield baby ....yeeehawwww

For a elec. A Les Paul Standard..I haven't had one in years:(
For a acoustic a Breedlove would be great...So little cash so many nice choices!!!!!!

Don

My dream guitar *bass* is a five string that dosent feel wrong to play. i hate most five strings, the only one i can tolerate is a P-Bass *gotta love good ol' P-Bass'* but thats what i have now. its kinda redundent to get a new one just to have that extra low string. eh oh well.

freak

!!!!!

was someone on LSD when they thought up the idea for that beast? i mean geez, cut it in half and you got a perfectly good guitar, im happy with 4 strings, thats all i need. but 8 or 9, thats pushing it way to far. and what would you do for strings? lol make your own? go cut bridge cable? lol what?

freak

Re: !!!!!

Bass Freak said:
was someone on LSD when they thought up the idea for that beast? i mean geez, cut it in half and you got a perfectly good guitar, im happy with 4 strings, thats all i need. but 8 or 9, thats pushing it way to far. and what would you do for strings? lol make your own? go cut bridge cable? lol what?

freak

Look at it this way...

Can you play 4 strings better than two?

If basses always had 5,6,7,8 or.. jeez 9 strings... wouldn't you be used to it?

I've got a friend that started on a 6 string guitar. When he saw Steve Vai's 7, he had to have one.

Now he's got an 8, and he said the transition was seamless. Here's the kicker... the frets aren't parallel. This guitar ain't for everybody... but then again, this guy is a fucking monster.

Check it out:

Attachments

• fannedfret3pickup8.jpg
    fannedfret3pickup8.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 120
P.S. He hits notes that you wouldn't believe could be hit without a pitch shifter.

BTW, you could always learn to play some really cool bass riffs with a 9... just to piss off your guitarist.:D

Back