Warmoth?

I'm not much of a do-it-your-selfer other than the usual wanking, but if I could get somebody to put it together, that flame maple strat body they offer is awesome.....gibs

Nobody has built a guitar with Warmoth parts?

Seems to me a person could build a quality fender replica for about $500...and put in about $500 worth of work, but hell, it's just time!

Slackmaster 2000

I built a guitar with some warmoth parts 8 years ago and it is still one of my favorites. It has a swamp ash body that is 1 piece and so beau-ti-ful! It is also very light. I have alwaus gotten comments on how good it looks or light it is. I didn't get too involved in applying a finish, which is pretty difficult. I had sprayed on some polyurethane (sp?) on it and while it doesn't have the look of a clear coat car finish it does the job, (with some dents, dirt, a scratch or 2). I liked the look of the grain and the feel of the wood.

I really love the tone as well. It has alot of pop and is very responsive, very versatile, can sound like a tele or a strat.

Warmoth can customize whatever you want, where the routing is, adding a top, binding etc. It seems that they are a little more expensive than other parts co's but the quality is higher, especially if you plan on a clear finish.

I do not have experience with their necks. I have always been interested but the idea of buying a neck without trying it out has kept me from purchasing one. But, like with the bodies, they can customize many aspects of the neck and have lots of options.

Parts - I found their electronics to be crap however. But could have been the brand. The 3 way switch crapped out in a few weeks and the input jack is kinda noisy. The bridge is pretty solid but the finish has worn away where I rest my hand (but haven't found a bridge that doesn't do that)

Why not, Get a body made of the wood you like, a neck that fits your hand, and chose from thousands of after market and replacement pickups.

Back