Wah pot replacement

Krystof01

Hi,
I need to change the pot in my wah as it's scratchy (no, it's not dirt), it's needed changing for a while but as I'm going to be recording it will only degrade the sound.

My question; I need a 100k linear pot. The options so far are:
-Fulltone fullrange wah pot, reputed 150,000 turn life
-Dunlop hot potz II
-Dunlop potz crybaby (100k)

Any experience with any of these, which one would you choose and also what would be the result of buying a £5 100k pot? I don't think the pot actually alters the sound (that's the board right).

Thanks,
Krystof.

I'm in need of a new wah pot for my wah but I don't know the first place to look on where to purchase this.

Whyte Ice said:
I'm in need of a new wah pot for my wah but I don't know the first place to look on where to purchase this.

Ice,

This link should help.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=020412235021012246189229379039/search/g=live?q=crybaby+pot

Krystof. When I replaced the Potentiometer in my Crybaby years ago, I noticed a range difference. It seemed the react differently than my original. Also, I noted it to be a bit less wide open while all the way forward. If you liked the original sound, you may look around for the a replacement. Unless you want to fiddle which may be fun.

Fangar

I own an old boss foot wah, would the crybaby pot work with this or would I need to search for a boss pot?

Whyte Ice said:
I own an old boss foot wah, would the crybaby pot work with this or would I need to search for a boss pot?

I don't have too much experience with the Boss Wah, But there is a slight varience in casing size among the various pots often even in the same rating. Check your local dealer. The store I used to work at stocked all sorts of parts for things just like that. It was always nice to have the parts on hand for someone with a gig the same night. You might take the Pot out and keep it with you while looking for a replacement. Also, try a cheap 100k guitar pot. They can be had for much less (more like the 5 dollar range as opposed to the 20 dollar) and may work just as well. Good luck,

Fangar

Back