is a vintage strat painted grey with a rebel flag pickguard cool?

Phew!

I'm glad we got that straightened out.

foo

. . . er . . . we did get it straightened out, didn't we?

I think that guitar would look nice in a natural finish.

Maybe a white, black or pearl pickguard (sort of like the first strats were decked out). Simple, handsome, elegant.

With a guitar of that vintage, it might pay to have a good lacquer finish applied.

Whichever way you do it...do it right!

Good luck!

jimistone said:
i have a '66 strat. it was originally sunburst. when i was 16 i sanded it down to the wood cause i wanted the 70's natural finish look (the MOST boneheaded thing i've ever done).

that would have been the second most boneheaded thing you did to the guitar.

A black Strat with a Swastica? Hmmmmm,...

now there's an idea that's sure to get you noticed, and make the grey Strat w/Rebel flag seem tame in comparison.

The pearl guards rule.....a quick fix....but a burst w/pearl would be wonderful...also expensive if you get a burst done....

hmmmmm...grey strat with pearl....it would be like an oyster.....and surely one of a kind....but be careful, Fender might wanna add it to their never ending list of color/combos.....

oyster....I like it........really:cool: .....gibs

ya know...small details can make something thats uncool cool.
a '66 vintage strat painted grey with a rebel flag guard is not cool, but, a '66 vintage strat painted grey with a rebel flag guard...singed by all the band members of Lynyrd Skynyrd would be cool

food for thought.

like i said before, i have decided to refinish it ( the paint remover is lifting the grey paint as we speak). the color choice was between lake placid blue (i love that color and you could get it in '66) or the original 3 color sunburst like it was when i got it. i have decided to go with the original 3 color sunburst...yellow die base and laquar paint (the correct way to sunburst a vintage strat). it won't be the original finish...but...it will be restored to the original color with the correct paint. i haven't decided if im going to use yellow tint in the clear to simulate aging because in time the new laquar will yellow with age and i don't think its gonna matter that much on a sunburst anyway.

im not going to do the "relic" thing...its going to be a new looking finish...like the finish looked in 1966.

the base of the neck is stamped 13MAR66B by the way

i need to refret the neck (frets have been filed as far as they can go) but....it plays so good that im scared to do that. it would destroy me if i got a refret and it didn't play as good as it does now. none of the strings buzz on the frets or dampen out...but the rose wood is starting to get worn places in it. thats why i bought that mex strat...so i could "retire" the '66.

i guess noone realizes that people in the north had slaves too.i cant stand liberal bastards.i guess he should donate money to jesse jackson now that he admitted to having a guitar with a rebel flag on it.would you be offended if he had a malcolm x sticker on his guitar since he was a known racist against whites?

sipi1910 said:
i guess noone realizes that people in the north had slaves too.i cant stand liberal bastards.i guess he should donate money to jesse jackson now that he admitted to having a guitar with a rebel flag on it.would you be offended if he had a malcolm x sticker on his guitar since he was a known racist against whites?
the real problem is that folks think that the flag is a symbol of hatred,and thats just not the case.
another misconception that a lot of people have is that the south is some sort of hot bed of racial tension.again,just not the case.(at least not any more so than anywhere else)
personally, i wouldnt put any sort of image on a vintage strat.i would paint it yellow to match my tele and hope that it didnt offend any asians.(oops,did i type that out loud?)

for one thing peoplealways assume that whites are the only ones that are racist,which is a load of shit.you cant turn on the t.v without hearing blacks putting down whites but somehow that has become acceptable.id hate to see what would happen if i white person did that.bottom line is that political correctness has taken this country over and everyone has to prove that thier not racist by giving in to every demand to someone that claims they are a victim of this or that because its alot easier to be a victim and not take responsibility for you short comings or willingness to get off your ass and make something of yourself.its made jesse jackson and al sharpton rich men.is there racism?sure.but everytime a black person gets pulled over for doing 95mph in a school zone and claims he was pulled over because he was black takes away from the validity of real racism but can other true victims of racism speak out against those types?no becuase they become viewed as traders and uncle toms just as black kids that speak correct english or make passing grades are viewed to be not really black or trying to white.blacks keep thierselves down by worrying about rebel flags instead of the fact that they are failng in school and that 89% of them are born out of wedlock.but im sure the white man is to blame for that also.right now blacks have just as much of a chance to succeed as white people do if not a better chance and im tired of all the damn wining but i guess im just a racist because i look at the facts and not at the popular thing to say.

wayne

Yeah, & how'bout that Rodney King!

Make him Man-of-the-Year, or something. He was arrested again, for blowing through a red light at 100mph, and wrapping his SUV around a phone pole, while half-cracked on PCP. Man-of-the-Year, I say! Oh yeah, when this was reported in the news [today], the news reporter said "Rodney King gained notoriety in 1992 by being beaten by LA cops, and the whole ATTACK was caught on video tape". Well, I was almost beside myself when I heard this! Sure, Rodney King was "beaten" by cops, no doubt, but he was NOT "ATTACKED". He certainly brought the beating upon himself, and this was not an ATTACK by the cops on him. It just shows you how far PC has gotten communications screwed up, when the news media says "Rodney King was ATTACKED by LA cops". Hey, I'm no fan of Rodney King or LA cops, but this was certainly not an "attack", in the true sense. As far as I'm concerned, the cops beat him to subdue him, as he was all DUSTED OUT & could not be subdued by normal means. Rodney King -ATTACKED- by LA cops? No. That's revisionist history, if there ever was revisionism, and PC taken to sickening EXTREMES. I think the "news" person who wrote "Rodney King was ATTACKED by LA cops" should be FIRED.

Anyway, dude, you're right. This PC-stuff has gone way overboard. F/I, turn on MTV and you'll get hours of degenerate rap videos glorifying "niggas, bitches and ho's", but heaven forbid if a white person says "nigger",... he'll get berated to no end, or even fired from his job if he made the comment while on duty!

Likewise, talk about PC-overboard, MY MOM, who's in her 60's, looked at my son's 3rd grade class picture, and exclaimed how many "negroes" were in his class, and MY WIFE & HER MOM jumped down MY MOM's throat about the word "negro". So, I came into the room mid-argument, and said "What's all this commotion about?" When my wife said "I don't want the word 'negro' used in our house around our children", I was like "WHAT? Negro isn't the most contemporary word, but it's certainly NOT DEROGATORY!" So Wifey says, "I don't want our children learning that word!" I was like, "You've got to be fuckin' kidding me! You [wife] don't even know what you're talking about, and "negro" is NOT a DEROGATORY WORD. You're fuckin' cracked!" Geezus, people can be SO stupid, and PC'ness has gotten WAY out of hand.

Gee, sorry for the RANT, but this PC-thing has really gotten under my skin. There are countless other examples of PC-gone wrong, but I don't have the time or energy to go into them all, individually.

PC-think is outright subversion & perversion of the English language.

-Guess this PC discussion really hit a NERVE!;)

man,dont even get me started on rodney king.im surprised they havent named a street after him yet.they always forget to mention that he has been arrested 2-3 times since then for drugs but i guess its because whitey beat him so bad that he needs it for the pain.we live in a time now where you can get sued for offending someone by disagreeing with them.if i think affirmative action is unconstitutional im a racist,if i think southerners should be proud of thier heritage im a racist,if i think o.j. was guilty im a racist,if i think thioer should be tougher immigration laws im a racist.i dont want my race to be supreme to other races but i also dont wanna be the scapegoat for every other race out there.if whitea are so racist and get charged with 99% of hate crimes(which is a load of shit) why is that 90% of interacial crimes are committed by black against whites.(FBI's stats,not mine)because the politician that dreamed that law up did it for votes.how many times have you seen a white guy rape a black girl?how many times have you seen a white guy go into a black neighborhood and rob them?but once again,i guess im just a racist because i look at the facts.

to prove a point,i copied this from the hiphop section:

jugalo180
Force of Nature

Location: new orleans, now i'm in augusta georgia for a little minute. if you sell your soul to feed your hunger you may not have anything left to pay for your next meal.
cool link
man, that is a lot of doe. it's good that we are getting another producer to rep the south, now we need to get some dj's to recognized like clue, green lantern, k slay, etc.. etc.. i love a lot of up north stuff, i just wish that the south can one day be thought of as equals. it was that damn confederate war that messed it up for us.

that was from the "david banner" thread

wayne

One thing I've been thinking on lately..

who invented political correctness? Seriously is there any other culture in the world besides "Corporate America" which tiptoes around the feelings of one and all and censures language and symbolism so carefully so as not to offend anyone in the slightest? I think it's all Bennetton and MTV's fault.

Are there religions out there that encourage marriage outside of one's own religion?

Does the Kabul city hall catch a shitstorm for putting up Muslim holiday decorations in public places?

Do Turkish people have both polite and denigrating versions of their word for "Englishman"? If so are they always sure to use the polite version when appearing on Turkish sitcoms? Are they afraid of offending English Turks everywhere so use the socially acceptable "Turks of Limish decent"?

"is there any other culture in the world besides "Corporate America" which tiptoes around the feelings of one.........so as to not offend one in the slightest?"

Not only does white america ......(yes, I said "white america". so sue me and burn me to the stake)........bend over backwards so as not to offend minorities in the slightest (not a bad thing), but, it goes a step further and honors minorities that practice, preach, oraganize, and publically promote outright racisim against the white race (a bad thing). It may not be a popular view but I don't care....the NAACP and the United Negro College Fund are just 2 examples of Extream rasism that is accepted and honored by main stream america.

(can you imagian the public outrage that would be generated by the National Association for the Advancement of White People or the United Caucassion College Fund)

In my opinion the NAACP is no better than the Klu Klux Klan....they both suck and promote rasism.

Maybe one of these days we will have true equality in this nation and race won't matter.

That will be the day that the rasists (black, white, asian, arab, indian...ect...) quit putting their race on a pedestle above the other races.

It is politically correct to promote your race if you're a minority....you're a credit to your race.

if you are white and do the same thing you are an evil rasist and not politically correct at all.

its unbelievable that this country has come to this point...but here we are.

Back