Varieties of P-90s

OK, why? You can buy them with P90s already in them. Not sure I understand the point, unless he's buying the vintage LPs because he likes the way they play.

Well obviously he likes the P-90 over the minihum in his LP Deluxe. His tone is pretty bad ass.

Greg likes his mini-hums in his SG.

But!!!! I'm not opposed to throwing a P-90 in the bridge spot since it'll fit. One of these days....

OK, why? You can buy them with P90s already in them. Not sure I understand the point, unless he's buying the vintage LPs because he likes the way they play.
Because he can buy LPs with mini-hums cheaper, and because he likes the way they sound. I think he uses Seymour Duncan's.

As a pretty die hard social distortion fanboy i feel obligated to chime in here for clarification. He didn't just buy a LP and take the old ones out. There is a quote out there where he says he does that but, but if you go further back in his or his bands history, he states that while he was touring with Neil Young he was instantly struck with the sound of P90's and he just simply fell in love with the tone. He had his guitar tech on that tour replace all his humbuckers with P90's. And NOW... when he picks up new vintage LP's if a P90 isn't fitted into the spot, he has them replaced.

Sorry to be that guy. I'll see myself out now.

Agreed!:thumbs up: Here you go:https://youtu.be/e4ueHB4SjOk
https://youtu.be/e4ueHB4SjOkhps://youtu.be/e4ueHB4SjOk

THANKS FOR THIS! I have been waiting a long time for them to do this rundown.

Greg likes his mini-hums in his SG.

But!!!! I'm not opposed to throwing a P-90 in the bridge spot since it'll fit. One of these days....

Anyone ever wonder why Amps always seem to photograph about 5 times their actual size? I am sure it just some weird light capturing thing my wife could explain to me but like, they always seem to be captured in pictures as massive superstructures.

Great Pic Greg.

You've seen my amps. They ARE massive superstructures. :D

Ha! Yes for sure! HAHA! Those ones are the twin towers of pure fucking power. but just that one head and 4x12 in your picture appears to be HUGEEEE speaking in terms of like, proportion to you. I am sure there is some weird optical thing that explains why? depth of field or some horseshit? but. I'm just going to STFU now. Forget i was even here.

That aint a 4x12 though. That's an old Marshall 8x10! So it is actually that tall. It's not as tall as an actual dual 4x12 full stack, but about 3/4 the way there.

I keep two 8x10 "stacks" behind me on stage. Raw power! :D

That aint a 4x12 though. That's an old Marshall 8x10! So it is actually that tall. It's not as tall as an actual dual 4x12 full stack, but about 3/4 the way there.

Well. that explains everything then. I guess for someone who deals with mapping scales 10 hours a day i really ought to have compared the cabinet to the guitar in the stand next to it before i shot my mouth off. I totally see the 8x10-ness now.

:facepalm:

Wow. That there's a rock and roll photo. Nice shot.

He had his guitar tech on that tour replace all his humbuckers with P90's. And NOW... when he picks up new vintage LP's if a P90 isn't fitted into the spot, he has them replaced.

So, you're telling me that he goes out and finds vintage Les Pauls, and has the regular-sized humbuckers replaced with P90-sized P90s? He has vintage LPs hacked up to accomodate the new pickups? If so, I hope he's got a FB page so I can call him a douche myself.

So, you're telling me that he goes out and finds vintage Les Pauls, and has the regular-sized humbuckers replaced with P90-sized P90s? He has vintage LPs hacked up to accomodate the new pickups? If so, I hope he's got a FB page so I can call him a douche myself.
He buys mid 70's LPs with mini-hums and has his tech put in Seymour Duncan Antiquities P-90s. They're interchangeable and require no alterations to the LPs.

He buys mid 70's LPs with mini-hums and has his tech put in Seymour Duncan Antiquities P-90s. They're interchangeable and require no alterations to the LPs.

That's OK, then. I still don't understand why he doesn't just have Gibson make him some. You'd think he could get paid to have a signature guitar with mid-70s specs and P90s.

Back